05 WK 2WD ABS light on, No Cruise and odo/fuel mileage off. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-15-2016, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
jeWKesman

Garage
05 WK 2WD ABS light on, No Cruise and odo/fuel mileage off.

As in title 05 WK 3,7L V6 Automatic 2wd All wires to and from abs look Fine, Fuses are all fine runs and stops great Gas gauge off by 1/4 tank since the ABS Light came on last week it's hasn't been cold in a while it's been 87-101 degrees last month or two. Brakes work fine no noises or grinding but ABS came on and odo is only reading every other mile and Mileage is realy gimmicky. Is there a shared fuse i don't know about that controls the dash side of these problems or am i looking at a dead/dieing ABS sensor causing these issues? all the fuses under the hood look good, as for the 50 plus it appears to be under the dash i don't know where to start with them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-15-2016, 08:45 PM
JRLT
2010 WK 

Get your battery checked.

2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
post #3 of 6 Old 07-16-2016, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
jeWKesman

Garage
your thinking low voltage/bad battery. Allright won't hurt .
post #4 of 6 Old 07-17-2016, 06:26 AM
Yooshaw
2007 WK 

Get or borrow a code reader capable of pulling ABS codes. Regular cheap readers usually are not capable of reading ABS codes.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Montreal300
1999 WJ 

Sounds like an ABS sensor gone bad. If the sensors don't match up, cruise and anything related to tire revolutions will be shut down. As said above, an ABS code reader is the simplest way to get to the root of the problem.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-19-2016, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
jeWKesman

Garage
AS JRLT Suggested i had battery tested and it came back ok but needing charged. so had it charged at o'riely's i don't have a charger or money for one at the moment. o'riely said it was fine. instaled it monday morning and drove it today first 5 miles it was god everything worked and no abs light the speedo correctly tracked all 5 miles and then bammo it started acting up again. Now o'riely said it charged up with no hitch. but when we put the tester on it at work today it kept dithering between 12.29 V and 12.79 Volts. Engine on it jumped up to 13.88V - 14.44V turn it off and it slowly went back to between 12.29v and 12.79v The guys say that means a dead cell in the battery. but where should the voltage be while running? am i facing a wiring problem or just a dead battery and electronic gadgets that wanna show out just becuase they are getting low voltages?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.