05-08 JGC - So hard to find - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 05-08 JGC - So hard to find

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
chuckerants

05-08 JGC - So hard to find

I recently got a job working in Northern Arizona where I have to drive through Flagstaff from Phoenix. I drive a Mercury Grand Marquis and I had a scary commute to/from Phoenix during the snow storms.

So after looking around I decided for next winter I would buy a Jeep (again. I have had 2 Wranglers and a Cherokee). Thanks to this Forum I decided on a 05~08.

I would love to have a 5.7 Hemi and a Limited with all its options and Q-D II. But I'm really looking for a 08 that includes the HID headlights.

But I seem to be having a tough time anything both here in the Phoenix area and SoCal where I visit often.

Where are all the JGCs?

chuckerants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
Jason911
2008 WK 

How many do you want? I did a broad search in the phoenix area 50+ miles in any direction, using years 2008-2009 as a parameter and came up with 21 different to choose from. The very first one in fact is an '08 that has pretty much everything your looking for:

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...=2102&zc=85003
Jason911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
leftoverture
2007 WK 

Yea, I didn't have any trouble finding the one I wanted here in the Minneapolis area. There are lots of them for sale here.
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
chuckerants

Thanks Jason for that. Seriously, I used Autotrader, Craigslist, and Cars.com though not cars.com in a while.

The first 08 does look perfect, even the mileage and the color. What do you think about the price?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
chuckerants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
leftoverture
2007 WK 

I think up here in MN that price would be in the neighborhood. You might get them down a little though.
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
Jason911
2008 WK 

[QUOTE=chuckerants;15260641]Thanks Jason for that. Seriously, I used Autotrader, Craigslist, and Cars.com though not cars.com in a while.

The first 08 does look perfect, even the mileage and the color. What do you think about the price?

Think about it - 5 year old vehicle with only 31K on the clock. I would absolutely get a vehicle history report, but beyond that I think the pricing is ok. I would go for around $23500 +/-. It has everything except HID and QDII from what I can tell from the photos.
Thats about what I paid for my a year ago, although mine is a CRD.
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
Jason911
2008 WK 

Its located in a dump of town(no offense), but Canon AF base is there. And a really nice new holiday in express.

Disregard - I saw this is only RWD, so I deleted the link.
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I work at a dealer and we just got an 08 Limited Black with the two tone interior. It is very loaded out and even had the HIDs! I would take it home if I had the budget. It only has 60k miles on the clock. We sell cars across the country all the time. If you can't find a good one in your area maybe we can work something out getting this thing to ya.
Ben824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #9
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

Buy an '04 Limited instead. Those Hemis get horrible gas mileage.

Still get a V8, granted a 4.7 but its plenty, and QD-II is easily found on limiteds.

I've got one and love it.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST View Post
Buy an '04 Limited instead. Those Hemis get horrible gas mileage.

Still get a V8, granted a 4.7 but its plenty, and QD-II is easily found on limiteds.

I've got one and love it.
Hemis can get better mileage if you drive within the MDS parameters though it is still a V8 so you can't expect much. Also who are we kidding Hemis are too much fun not to have play with! The WK can be equipped with the same 4.7L that came in the WJ and gets maybe 1 mpg better than a Hemi. The WJ with it being lighter can get maybe 2 mpg better than a Hemi but you only get a 4 speed trans.

I would stay away from a 4.7 simply because of reliability and nearly no aftermarket support what so ever for motor performance parts. The 4.7 is extremely sensitive to neglect and cheap oil. I have seen way too many blown 4.7s to ever risk having one for a daily driver/weekend warrior. Also you have to be careful picking the right 4.7 since it came in two variants, the standard version and the High Output. The High Output is the only one worth anything. The standard is only good if you like having the mileage of a V8 but the performance of only slightly better than the 4.0L.

If I was going for a WJ I would get a 4.0L straight 6 and pull the motor and do a 4.6 or 4.7 stroker kit and get almost the same horsepower out of a lighter motor!
Ben824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
colinzj
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST View Post
It's not. Quadra-Drive in the WJ is an entirely different system from Quadra-Drive II in the WK.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.