05-08 Grand Cherokee WK Service Manual - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 05-08 Grand Cherokee WK Service Manual

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #76
Blown7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzjwk View Post
part and owners manuals for various years can be downloaded here
http://wkjeeps.com/wk_brochures.htm
Thanks Got it!

I'm gonna try running the basic Laredo P/N to defeat ESP and totally eliminate it.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the meta-cognitive ability to realize their mistakes.
Blown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #77
ttusqrl
WK Supporter
2005 WK 

Wouldn't this eliminate ABS as well? I know I can disable my ESP/Traction Control with my intune, but this will also disable ABS.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #78
Blown7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttusqrl View Post
Wouldn't this eliminate ABS as well? I know I can disable my ESP/Traction Control with my intune, but this will also disable ABS.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Nope the standard P/N had ABS but not ESP.
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the meta-cognitive ability to realize their mistakes.
Unread 01-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #79
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown7 View Post
Nope the standard P/N had ABS but not ESP.
Yes , but isn't it actually "traction control " that you want to disable , not ESP ? In which case i believe traction control is standard on all WK's . ESP is an option though.
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #80
Blown7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzjwk View Post
Yes , but isn't it actually "traction control " that you want to disable , not ESP ? In which case i believe traction control is standard on all WK's . ESP is an option though.
No traction control is good for the application I'm reworking. Eliminating ESP has multitudes of benefits, namely disabling throttle control.
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #81
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown7 View Post
No traction control is good for the application I'm reworking. Eliminating ESP has multitudes of benefits, namely disabling throttle control.
i'm not sure what your doing , but as per the fsm , it seems the traction control that controls the ETC not the ESP system.
ALL-SPEED TRACTION CONTROL
Traction control systems sense impending wheel spin based on a model of the rate of change of wheel speed under
normal traction conditions. The All-Speed Traction Control uses signals from the same wheel speed sensors as ABS
to determine when to apply the brakes to one or more wheels and when to reduce engine torque output using the
electronic throttle control (ETC) to prevent wheel slip during acceleration
. Throttle control makes the vehicle less
reliant on brake application alone to maintain traction, increasing the operating speed range and more closely modulates
speed, resulting in smoother operation. With All-Speed Traction Control reducing engine torque as well as
applying the brakes, it is possible to achieve almost seamless torque application at the wheels.
If the wheel slip is severe enough to require throttle intervention, All-Speed Traction Control will reduce engine
torque and sometimes upshift the transmission to avoid the condition. In milliseconds, All-Speed Traction Control
interrogates the engine control system to determine the current torque output, determines how much the torque
output the current conditions will allow, and signals this requirement to the engine control system, which reduces the
torque by partially closing the throttle. With execution of the torque reduction, the brake system reduces brake pressure
to make the transition smooth, while maintaining forward progress. By reducing engine power, braking effectiveness
is maintained and the system can operate throughout the normal vehicle speed range. That is why the
system is identified as providing “all-speed” traction control.
With AWD, where front-wheel slip can occur, the degree of throttle intervention is relatively less than with rear-wheel
drive. The difference in speed capability and the degree of throttle intervention between rear-wheel drive and allwheel
drive is due to the fact that non-driven front wheels on a rear-wheel drive vehicle give the system an accurate
vehicle speed reference on which to base responses. With AWD, the possibility that the front wheels may also be
slipping makes appropriate corrective action more difficult to determine, thus limiting the effective speed range. Offsetting
this is the fact that loss of traction is less likely with AWD because torque is transmitted through all four
wheels to begin with. In actual driving situations on snow or ice, the rear-wheel drive and AWD systems respond in
essentially the same way up to the 45 mph (72 km/h) limit of the AWD system.
When severe wheel slippage is detected (as on snow-covered roads), the Winter Mode feature of All-Speed Traction
Control causes the transmission to up-shift to higher gears at lower speeds than normal. Once a slippery launch
condition is detected, the transmission will remain in Winter Mode for a minimum of three minutes. After that, if the
road is providing normal traction, the system returns to providing normal up-shifts.
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 12:33 AM   #82
XJtoWJ

any chance you can repost this? says no longer avail
XJtoWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #83
dsjr2006
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJtoWJ View Post
any chance you can repost this? says no longer avail
Service Manual:
https://mega.co.nz/#!I0QhEaRK
Key: pURk1x6J0jWzmHzv7lVTGS87FhWgg3DaCdoUp84qF-Q

Parts Manual: https://mega.co.nz/#!YwIhFIiB
Key: GlMztUIRghbyvICZKDs5EfapOHSB3GqZ_-yO4phfBtg

05-08 WK Service Manual PDF: [url]http://bit.ly/VxI9z0[/url]
dsjr2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #84
MDchanic

Thanks! Great to have.

- Eric
MDchanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #85
XJtoWJ

d/l now. thanks
XJtoWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #86
grywlfbg

Thank you!
grywlfbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #87
Knightdulac

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
Service Manual:
https://mega.co.nz/#!I0QhEaRK
Key: pURk1x6J0jWzmHzv7lVTGS87FhWgg3DaCdoUp84qF-Q

Parts Manual: https://mega.co.nz/#!YwIhFIiB
Key: GlMztUIRghbyvICZKDs5EfapOHSB3GqZ_-yO4phfBtg
Thank you

Heaps
Knightdulac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #88
ZWilson07
Cowboy

2008 WK 

Is this still working for anyone?

Says I need the key code to get it.

Needing service manual and such for my 08.

Everything I need, plus a lot more I don't.

Black WK Club Member #154 || Hemi Club Member #89
ZWilson07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 11:22 PM   #89
DeChache
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWilson07 View Post
Is this still working for anyone?

Says I need the key code to get it.

Needing service manual and such for my 08.

Just enter the key he put beneath the link and it will let you download it.
Unread 08-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #90
willis08
2008 XK Commander 

Hey, I'm new to the forums and just recently bought my 08' XK that's powered with the Hemi. I'm looking for an exhaust that will open it up a little. Not screaming line 1 chambers, but a low bellow with deep tone on acceleration. Any suggestions??
willis08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.