0321Nick's Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 0321Nick's Build Thread

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #16
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kmitch View Post
How close are you with your pinch weld? Not sure if it's just the picture but it looks pretty close if you would have to jam your wheel up into the well.
Definitely close - When I pull the wheels over to full lock or if I take a sharp turn or u-turn (especially on an uneven gradient) I will knock the pinch weld.

Its the next thing on my to do list. I haven't even gone off road yet, namely because there is very little available in Northern Virginia, but also to avoid stuffing my tire.

Gotta get it done before the first snow in December/January.

KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #17
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Well just picked up and put together my new Thule Transporter Combi (Hitch Cargo Box)!

Thing's a beast! Holds 150 lbs/13 cu ft.

With an adapter 7 pin-4 pin, plugs in and has working tail lights and a license plate lite where you can reposition the plate.

Sits way up high, ground clearance isn't affected.
image-4175075109.jpg   image-3288741913.jpg   image-2561030764.jpg  
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
BRae_in_a_ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Hey man your rig is awesome! its like the newer, updated version of mine! we have similar mods too! im hoping to see this bad boy in ashburn/leesburg sometime if we can make it out on the same weekend
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #19
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRae_in_a_ZJ
Hey man your rig is awesome! its like the newer, updated version of mine! we have similar mods too! im hoping to see this bad boy in ashburn/leesburg sometime if we can make it out on the same weekend
Thanks man! Yeah, she definitely needs to get some dirt in the tread soon before someone revokes the Jeep badge. Haha.
KHAKI CLUB #65
Unread 05-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
snowdude1026
2008 WK 

Hey man, you have the same mods I am about to purchase and have a 4x4 shop install for me. Did you have a pinch weld mod done?? If not, hows the rubbing, if any? I hope I dont need a pinch weld mod, because 1. I am not mechanically inclined enough to do it myself, and 2. I dont know if the 4x4 shop would do it for me if they even know what it is...
snowdude1026 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #21
Camp
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdude1026 View Post
Hey man, you have the same mods I am about to purchase and have a 4x4 shop install for me. Did you have a pinch weld mod done?? If not, hows the rubbing, if any? I hope I dont need a pinch weld mod, because 1. I am not mechanically inclined enough to do it myself, and 2. I dont know if the 4x4 shop would do it for me if they even know what it is...
You dont have to be mechanically inclined at all to do the pinch weld mod. It is super easy. If you can cut a straightish line with a saw zall you will be good to go. There are a ton of write ups on how to do it. You can check my build thread for a pretty detailed walk through of it.
Camp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #22
0321Nick
2006 WK 

I am planning to do the pinch mod, but according to write up I will be following, all I need is a Big Hammer (BFH) and an angle grinder ($40 @ Lowes, etc).

I do rub a bit, but it's at full lock or when making a sharp off-camber turn. I wouldn't even call it rubbing per say, its just the edge of the tire barely contacting the pinch area for a brief second. Thats why I haven't made it a priority.
KHAKI CLUB #65
Unread 05-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #23
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0321Nick
I am planning to do the pinch mod, but according to write up I will be following, all I need is a Big Hammer (BFH) and an angle grinder ($40 @ Lowes, etc).

I do rub a bit, but it's at full lock or when making a sharp off-camber turn. I wouldn't even call it rubbing per say, its just the edge of the tire barely contacting the pinch area for a brief second. Thats why I haven't made it a priority.
I did a write up of the rear fender roll and p/w on page 18 of my build thread. Lots of pics and details. In addition to the tools mentioned you'll want a good cutting disc, and a sanding/grinding disc and scotchbrite disc would be useful. For the plastic liner a cheapo heat gun comes in handy to reshape it. A couple self tapping metal screws are useful as well.
It really is an easy modification.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #24
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC

I did a write up of the rear fender roll and p/w
Excellent. (Like Mr. Burns)
KHAKI CLUB #65
Unread 05-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #25
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Haven't added in awhile:

Installed the Fastman Port and Polished TB.

image-313457119.jpg

Also got some weather tech mats off eBay for cheap:

image-1818456307.jpg

Also got a shorty antenna (13") - works great and no more car washes banging the antenna.
KHAKI CLUB #65
Unread 05-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #26
kdawgFL
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
I did a write up of the rear fender roll and p/w on page 18 of my build thread. Lots of pics and details. In addition to the tools mentioned you'll want a good cutting disc, and a sanding/grinding disc and scotchbrite disc would be useful. For the plastic liner a cheapo heat gun comes in handy to reshape it. A couple self tapping metal screws are useful as well.
It really is an easy modification.
you have 15 pages on your build thread....
kdawgFL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #27
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgFL View Post
you have 15 pages on your build thread....
Oops.......Good call........that should have said page 12.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #28
carangelover
2007 WK 

Nice Rig! I had question about the OME HD lift. I just installed mine on a 07 with a 4.7Flex. The front end sits about 1" higher than the rear. what did you use to weigh down the front end so that the struts are not at full extension? I am 23" in the front from hub to fender and 22" in the rear from hub to fender.
carangelover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #29
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carangelover
Nice Rig! I had question about the OME HD lift. I just installed mine on a 07 with a 4.7Flex. The front end sits about 1" higher than the rear. what did you use to weigh down the front end so that the struts are not at full extension? I am 23" in the front from hub to fender and 22" in the rear from hub to fender.
I just responded to your new thread. Did you make sure that you but the correct springs in the correct posistion? There are front and rear springs, but there is also a specific driver's side spring as well.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #30
trailriderGC06
2006 WK 

I like your O||||O 0321Nick!!! Looks great.
The stance on your jeep is just like mine.
I had the lift put on yesterday and I am ecstatic!

check out my thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.