0321Nick's Build Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 217 Old 07-24-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
0321Nick
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 747
Finally finished modifying my OME HD with Rusty's front and rear spacers. Also replaced my rear OME shocks with 28" long Bilstein 5125s.

Tipped it all off by installing Toyo Open Country AT IIs in 285/70s.

As it was stock (before the original OME HD):
Name:  image-557830042.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  291.7 KB

As it is now after modifying my OME HD:
Name:  image-3534872019.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  337.6 KB


KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 217 Old 07-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Jvenrick
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Centennial
Posts: 569
That looks fantastic!! Very clean. Love the rims.
What type of cb set-up do you have?

2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green

The build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/j...hread-1373720/
Jvenrick is offline  
post #48 of 217 Old 07-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Jeepforthewin
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 2,134
Looks really good! Tires look beefy!

2010 JKU - Stock for now
2005 WK - 6" lift, 35" BFG's, a lot more (SOLD)
Jeepforthewin is offline  
post #49 of 217 Old 07-25-2013, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
0321Nick
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick
That looks fantastic!! Very clean. Love the rims.
What type of cb set-up do you have?
I have the Cobra 75WSXT mounted to the Aspen Creek Offroad bracket behind the dash.

KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline  
post #50 of 217 Old 07-25-2013, 08:28 AM
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........
 
JeepN4KC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 6,913
Looking good - what are your hub to fender measurements?

~Mike~

Build Thread WK
Other Build Thread XJ
September 2013/January 2015 COTM
JeepN4KC is online now  
post #51 of 217 Old 07-25-2013, 11:26 AM
K9SAR
Member
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kennesaw
Posts: 232
Nice looking rig!

'06 Overland 5.7 Hemi / QDII / Silver WK Member #59, LED Backup lights, AEV Argent Pintlers, Floor liners. Gibson 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust, 6" Hybrid Superlift / OME lift, 6" JBA rear springs, JBA UCA's, JBA rear track bar, 35x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR's, Steel Armadillo Rock Sliders, 4xGuard Bash Plates
K9SAR is offline  
post #52 of 217 Old 07-25-2013, 11:39 AM
craigbru
Senior Member
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Looking good - what are your hub to fender measurements?
I'm curious about this too. Especially considering those are 285's and you've still got quite a bit of clearance available.

Jeep-Core
craigbru is online now  
post #53 of 217 Old 07-26-2013, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
0321Nick
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Looking good - what are your hub to fender measurements?
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
I'm curious about this too. Especially considering those are 285's and you've still got quite a bit of clearance available.
22.5" in front

23" in rear

KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline  
post #54 of 217 Old 07-26-2013, 11:31 AM
craigbru
Senior Member
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0321Nick View Post
22.5" in front

23" in rear
Man, that's perfect. Thanks.

Jeep-Core
craigbru is online now  
post #55 of 217 Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM
BoraBora
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: McLean
Posts: 777
Can you add some more details about what you did with the Rustys rear poly spacer? Did you cut it down? Remove the spring isolater? 1 strut spacer up front for each side? Great looking Jeep! Exactly what I'm doing to mine as soon as the rest of my parts arrive.

'15 JK 2.5" lift on 35's
'06 WK 3.5" lift on 33's (Sold)
BoraBora is offline  
post #56 of 217 Old 07-28-2013, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
0321Nick
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora
Can you add some more details about what you did with the Rustys rear poly spacer? Did you cut it down? Remove the spring isolater? 1 strut spacer up front for each side? Great looking Jeep! Exactly what I'm doing to mine as soon as the rest of my parts arrive.
I collaborated with Omelet a lot, but essentially:

My original OME HD was installed by a local custom shop. Did that for about 1.5 years. I had finally worn down my 265/70 Duratracs and decided I wanted to go up to "33's" i.e. 285/70.

This time I decided to do the install. Above the factory strut plate, I installed 1 Rusty's WK 1/4" spacer per side. Didn't need to do anything with the strut pack, just disconnected the steering knuckle, LCA, and the ball joint on the upper LCA.

In the rear, I installed the pair of 1.5" spring spacers Rusty's sells for the WK. I beveled the inside of them slightly and thoroughly lined them with WD40 before installing them where the lower spring isolated had been (I removed the isolater). This was the hard part for me due to having generic tools and the tight fit of the spacers.

I also installed JKS #2001 disconnects in the rear. I set the sway bar to 10 degrees when I installed the JKS links.

Last thing I put on was Rusty's adjustable track bar for the WK. fairly straight forward.

The issues I ran into: one of the frame bolt holes for the sway bar links was cross threaded and I had to tap out the hole (specialized tool purchase)

Both of my rear bump stop bolts were rusted in place after a certain point so I couldn't install a homemade spacer for them. I did get the bolts out a little, so I sprayed some foam insulation in the cups above the bump stops to keep them from rattling. It worked out, however, because I just went wheeling and I didn't hit the rear.

KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline  
post #57 of 217 Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 PM
WieSeL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0321Nick View Post

I collaborated with Omelet a lot, but essentially:

My original OME HD was installed by a local custom shop. Did that for about 1.5 years. I had finally worn down my 265/70 Duratracs and decided I wanted to go up to "33's" i.e. 285/70.

This time I decided to do the install. Above the factory strut plate, I installed 1 Rusty's WK 1/4" spacer per side. Didn't need to do anything with the strut pack, just disconnected the steering knuckle, LCA, and the ball joint on the upper LCA.

In the rear, I installed the pair of 1.5" spring spacers Rusty's sells for the WK. I beveled the inside of them slightly and thoroughly lined them with WD40 before installing them where the lower spring isolated had been (I removed the isolater). This was the hard part for me due to having generic tools and the tight fit of the spacers.

I also installed JKS #2001 disconnects in the rear. I set the sway bar to 10 degrees when I installed the JKS links.

Last thing I put on was Rusty's adjustable track bar for the WK. fairly straight forward.

The issues I ran into: one of the frame bolt holes for the sway bar links was cross threaded and I had to tap out the hole (specialized tool purchase)

Both of my rear bump stop bolts were rusted in place after a certain point so I couldn't install a homemade spacer for them. I did get the bolts out a little, so I sprayed some foam insulation in the cups above the bump stops to keep them from rattling. It worked out, however, because I just went wheeling and I didn't hit the rear.
What do you mean beveled in inside of the spacer? What's the reason for that? Going to do the same setup very soon so any input would be great
WieSeL is offline  
post #58 of 217 Old 07-28-2013, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
0321Nick
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by WieSeL

What do you mean beveled in inside of the spacer? What's the reason for that? Going to do the same setup very soon so any input would be great
There is a round platform the lower spring isolator sits on/around. It's the rear 1.5" spacer replaces that isolator. It is a very tight fit. Part of the interior diameter of the spacer had a 90* edge on it. I rounded that down a bit (not super well to be honest) to help it get over the lip of that post/'spot where the isolator was'. Lots of WD40, a strong thin-ish pry bar (I used a trim pry bar) and at times jacking up the axle to us the weight of the vehicle to push down - and presto. I finally got them on.

In hind sight if I had a better way of beveling the inside, it may have gone smoother.

KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline  
post #59 of 217 Old 07-28-2013, 03:47 PM
WieSeL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 472
Ok I see. Thanks
WieSeL is offline  
post #60 of 217 Old 07-29-2013, 03:00 AM
BoraBora
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: McLean
Posts: 777
Hmm, still a bit confused. I'm having a shop install all of my modified OME. Are there any pictures of what you did? I'm guessing I have to mod the rear spacer before I give the items to the shop.

'15 JK 2.5" lift on 35's
'06 WK 3.5" lift on 33's (Sold)
BoraBora is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
My '05 WK build thread. ogie WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 36 02-12-2015 08:42 AM
MossyOak711 Build Thread johncsmith711 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 42 05-13-2012 11:19 PM
chargold98's Build Thread. chargold98 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 12-27-2011 09:15 AM
Help on how to do a build thread coolio365 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 11 12-09-2011 04:14 PM
My Build Thread zjrick812 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 11-16-2010 08:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome