Purchasing Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Introductions > Purchasing Help

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
tawinters19
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys I'm looking to buy a jeep for my first car and I was wondering if you guys could help Oma couple things. Since I'm limited to about $10,000 because I have to buy the jeep with my own money I'm most definitely gonna be getting a used one probably from a private dealer. Since I don't know a lot about keep I was wondering what are a few things I should look for when I am looking at the jeep? What are the main types of problems that are going to be big to fix. I don't mind to do a little bitt of work but all in all I'm gonna want it to be pretty much ready for it to be ready when I get it. I know that my parents are goin to take anything I want into the mechanic before we buy it so I don't mean obvious stuff like engine or tranny issues cuz my mechanic will be making sure all of that is good. The only main thing I can think of to check is if there is a lot of rust or damage underneath or in the tub but I was wondering if you guys could think of anything else I should look for? Thanks!

tawinters19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum!!!

Every time someone calls a JEEP a car a cat dies!!!
cat-2.jpg

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
dooboy2112
2000 WJ 

Welcome to JF.
dooboy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Rust, frame damage, the basic once over. Previous modifications from the PO, fluid leaks...welcome to the forum!
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
tawinters19
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfcrunch
Rust, frame damage, the basic once over. Previous modifications from the PO, fluid leaks...welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the help
Unread 09-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
Nick05
1987 MJ Comanche 

a lot of it depends on the type of jeep you are wantin.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f165/...t-here-523324/
see if that link helps if you have time and don't be afraid to ask question on here. most people are willing to talk you through tech stuff or point you in the right direction of a thread that does. and we like pics once you get something
Nick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
tawinters19
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick05
a lot of it depends on the type of jeep you are wantin.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f165/...t-here-523324/
see if that link helps if you have time and don't be afraid to ask question on here. most people are willing to talk you through tech stuff or point you in the right direction of a thread that does. and we like pics once you get something
Thanks for the help! I'm really liking everything I've seen on this forum. Unfortunately I'm probably gonna have to wait a while to get my jeep because my dad is Havin financial issues at work but ill be sure to post some pics when I get something.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.