New Tj Jeep owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Introductions > New Tj Jeep owner

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
steffenhagen
2003 TJ Wrangler 

New Tj Jeep owner

hey i just bought my first jeep. a 2003 TJ. i love it! i have been going on any and every trail i can find and doing some offroading. the jeep came stock (4.0 L straight 6, automatic tranny) the only thing that isn't stock are the 31" tires.
sadly i don't know much about mechanics, but i would like some advice for a lift kit. i wan't something decent for offroading but not too pricey (price cap is about $1,000) i don't think i wanna go over 4 inches.

thanks for reading. any kind of advice will be appreciated cuz i'm a noob!!!

steffenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have no 1st hand experience witj any lifts as my rig is still stock as well, i could do the he said she said about -x- products... But that is pointless and not real info. So this is for a bump to the top. Good luck and welcome to jeep forum and jeep life
Spladow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

What size tire do you want to run, how hard of trails ?

Account for tire price, you don't want to be rolling on 31's after you install a lift.

Also try posting this question in your local section here.
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
tthomp93
1998 TJ Wrangler 

First off welcome to the forum! Secondly, you have much to learn and the quickest way to do such is by searching any questions you have in the search bar on the home page of the forum. There are so many threads already out there that could probably answer your question better than I can. However before you decide what lift you want you need to decide what size tires you want to run. If you want to stay on 31's then a 2.5" lift would do you fine. If you want to upgrade to 33's you might want to consider a 3-3.5" lift. I wouldn't get a 4" until you have money for a new cv driveshaft and sye just in case you get vibes. Check out my build thread if you want to see some of the process of a jeep on 31's being lifted and going to 33's.
tthomp93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:10 AM   #5
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomp93 View Post
First off welcome to the forum! Secondly, you have much to learn and the quickest way to do such is by searching any questions you have in the search bar on the home page of the forum. There are so many threads already out there that could probably answer your question better than I can. However before you decide what lift you want you need to decide what size tires you want to run. If you want to stay on 31's then a 2.5" lift would do you fine. If you want to upgrade to 33's you might want to consider a 3-3.5" lift. I wouldn't get a 4" until you have money for a new cv driveshaft and sye just in case you get vibes. Check out my build thread if you want to see some of the process of a jeep on 31's being lifted and going to 33's.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/un...-build-778715/

...and read links on the first page of this build, great information !
Unread 12-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

welcome to the site

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
CALL TOLL FREE 866-403-3393
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome aboard...

Tags
kit , lift , mechanic , noob , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.