Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New guy

309 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  usernameray 
#1 ·
New to the forum. I have an 03 TJ Sahara, 4.0 manual, 33", 4" lift. This is my 3rd Wrangler. Started with a 99 TJ (sold) and recently had a 15 JKU Sahara (sold), mainly due to having kids and needing a bigger vehicle. Tahoe replace it. So I've had my 03 for about 3 years now. Still love it. Don't do much off roading due to the fact that toddlers keep me home if I'm not at work. I'm in the market for some 4.56 gears and decent lockers, maybe Aussie. Just want a more capable rig but don't need anything over the top. I've been driving this rig with what I believe is 3.73 gears on 33"s and I'm ready getting real tired of the sluggishness. Made a trip to Nevada recently and kept having to down shift to 4th to get up hills and deal with head on winds. Since I use my rig for a daily and commute to work, I think 4.56 is a good way to go. I've heard 4.88 would be good but better for off road. If you have any input please let me know. Thanks all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.