Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New first time Jeep owner in Georgia.......

211 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mrsig 
#1 ·
Greetings all!

I've never owned a Jeep before and the only vehicle I ever even had with 4wd was a 03 Escape. (I really don't do offroading) I mostly stick to my high performance vehicles and motorcycles but I recently got a German Shepherd and needed a vehicle to carry him and the gear he'll eventually need. He's going to be between 90 - 100 pounds at current estimates. (He's just over 50 pounds at 5.5 months) We're planning on Search and Rescue, Therapy Service, etc. I do a lot of charity work with many organizations.

I currently own a 2016 Mustang GT/California Special and a 2015 Harley-Davidson Softail Slim so you can see my need for a larger vehicle. Hahaha. Anyway, I found a great deal on a 99 Grand Cherokee Laredo and after checking it out, I bought it and took it home. It is a 1 owner vehicle with all service records. !58k on the odometer. The engine bay was VERY clean and it didn't tick, smoke, leak, nothing when I started it. It appears to be a well cared for vehicle. Cloth interior, both front seats are power. Has the Infinity Gold system and steering wheel controls. The A/C will flat chase you out the vehicle it gets so cold. All in all, I'm very happy with it.

Every time I did any search on Jeeps, this forum was usually at the top of the list so I thought, what better place to join than here to lean more about this vehicle? My plans are very modest. Maybe a 2.5 - 3" lift and better tires. I doubt I'll get to do any "serious" offroading but the plan is that I may have to hit trails or woods if we do Search and Rescue so having 4WD capability would be a good thing.

I live in Duluth, Ga. so if anyone is in the area, I'm more than willing to say hello. I was the Chaplain for the American Legion Riders Post 251 Duluth for 3 years. I do a lot of ministry and charity work in my spare time. I work in Midtown in the Regions Building. My name is Mike.

I think that covers it all! Happy to be here! Hope to learn a lot!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.