jeepforum.com NOOB on Guam - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Introductions > jeepforum.com NOOB on Guam

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 09-13-2013, 03:29 AM   #1
deano671
1995 ZJ 

jeepforum.com NOOB on Guam

Sup Jeep Forum...
Let me introduce myself, my name Dean and I from Guam. Okay...my girlfriend and I just recently purchased a 07 Patriot Limited, auto trans., body is 9/10, all service records on carfax.com, and according to the previous owner the 4x4 has never been engaged, and at first didn't seem to have any mechanical problems. After a month of owning it I started noticing somethings: Very bad inner front tire ware; A lot of play and noise in steering if I hit a bump, especially in reverse; Vehicle sputters from time to time when idolling at a traffic light; And sometimes a little hesitant on take-offs. But there are still a lot of enjoyment dispite all the problems. This is the first Jeep that I have ever owned and operated, I'm more of a Toyota man.

Well this weekend we are starting the "PATRIOT PROJECT". Starting with replacing the cv axles because of the shake, rattle and roll and switching the treads from GY Integrity's to GY Wrangler SR-A's. I guess what I'm asking is if anyone here has some tips on where to start and what not to mess with that'll be great. Because we all know that "Stealerships" don't give a damn. So please I am open for opinions.

Thanks jeep forum.....Peace and Chicken Grease!!!!

deano671 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
dooboy2112
2000 WJ 

Welcome to JF.
dooboy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
horaceunit
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hafa Adai

Welcome to the board! Boy do I miss your wonderful and beautiful Island! I was stationed there in 1992-93 while in the Navy and I really miss it! I learned to scuba there and did 50+ dives while there. My ship, the USS HALEAKALA (AE-25) sponsered a school (can't remember the name) and we did a lot of work for them and they threw us a fiesta with lots of great food and the people were so nice to us I will never forget it. Also was on the island when Typhoon Omar came through! Sorry I don't have a lot of info for you but I wanted to at least say hi! The picture is of me diving in Guam!
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

Welcome to the site, it's great to have you here.

Tony

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2013, 03:09 AM   #5
deano671
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by horaceunit View Post
Welcome to the board! Boy do I miss your wonderful and beautiful Island! I was stationed there in 1992-93 while in the Navy and I really miss it! I learned to scuba there and did 50+ dives while there. My ship, the USS HALEAKALA (AE-25) sponsered a school (can't remember the name) and we did a lot of work for them and they threw us a fiesta with lots of great food and the people were so nice to us I will never forget it. Also was on the island when Typhoon Omar came through! Sorry I don't have a lot of info for you but I wanted to at least say hi! The picture is of me diving in Guam!
HAFA ADAI (hello),

I'm glad and humbled that you enjoyed yourself here. And as much as you and every other service member loves and misses guam, we too appreciate everything you've done. I am also a prior service member of active army, proudly served 8 years and 3 deployments. Do you remember if that fiesta was held in a northern or southern village, the village of Yona perhaps.?.? I have a spearfishing buddy from Texas that ETS from the navy and never left Guam, well he does pre-cert. scuba dives, and now owns a fishing charter boat out here. During Super Typhoon Omar (1992) I was only 11. Did you do any hikes here? Well thanks for stopping in, and you know you are always welcomed back, ADIOS (bye)!!!!!!

oh cool pic.
deano671 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
horaceunit
2013 JK Wrangler 

I remember the village was closer to the Air Force base than the Naval base which was more in the South-Western part of the island and the Air base was more toward the North. It was probably closer to the middle of the island and in towards the East, and I know it wasn't close to the ocean. I remember going to Talofofo Falls and hiking around in that area- watch out for the brown tree snakes! I also remember hanging out at the mall a few times. Of course I did a lot of diving and did that more than anything! I keep telling my wife (she is Filipina) that I want to go back to Guam some day. Hopefully it will happen!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.