Hello from the Great Lakes State - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Introductions > Hello from the Great Lakes State

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
DagBMX
2008 WK 

Hello from the Great Lakes State

Not my first Jeep, but glad to be in one again! The name is Ryan, and I am from Lake Orion, MI. First Jeep I owned was a 1995 Cherokee Sport 4-door, and did a lot of work in the 5 years I owned that thing since I was 18. Awesome vehicle, but was pretty bummed when I sold it in 2010. Had a 1999 Dodge Dakota Sport for about 3 years since then, and have been into the sport truck thing for a bit during that time. Put that thing down 3" front and rear, did some engine work to it, but sold it because the transmission... well, it was weak. It was a 3.9L with the regrettable 42RE. If you knows transmissions, you will know how awful that thing was. Great for small cars, but a midsize truck? Seriously... But, now I am back in a Jeep, and a huge step up: 2008 Grand Cherokee Limited, fully loaded, with the 3.0L CRD motor. What a blast that thing is! I've owned it for about a month and a half now, and I'm still learning some things about the WK. Other than learning more about the motor, I did notice the 8.25" axle has a 12-bolt cover instead of the well known 10-bolt, and that the suspension can be upgraded easily in so many ways. SRT-8 parts will apparently bolt right on without any issues. The diesel is perfect for off road, but what about as a street machine? Thinking a bit about that one just because of the unique factor to it. But, it is still a Jeep, and I like to get dirty here and there.

Was on CherokeeForum.com for a bit, but I think I might be the only guy on that forum with the diesel? Open to being proven wrong about that one, lol.

So, yeah, that's my story so far, and hoping to see what kind of power I can pull from the CRD from other members on the forum here.

Unread 08-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #2
JeepCares

Welcome - you going over to Woodward? I'm seeing a lot of people on 24.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
dooboy2112
2000 WJ 

Welcome to JF.
dooboy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

Welcome to the site.

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum!!!

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.