Hello from California! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Introductions > Hello from California!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
Cookie_M0nster
1954 CJ3B 

Hello from California!

Hey guys,

My name is Andrew aka Cookie_M0nster I'm 23 years old and I am lucky enough to build hot rods and play with cool cars and get paid for it! . Just wanted to introduce myself to the community. Currently I have a 1954 Willy's CJ3B, this is my first Jeep. It has been in the family since 1959 when my Uncle's Grandfather-In-Law purchased it from the US Forest Service. Since then is has been used as a Jeep should be and has many time been up the Rubicon and the surrounding areas in the 60's and 70's. in the mid 90's when my Aunt and Uncle got married, my Auntie's Dad gave them the CJ3B. In 1999 it was stripped down and repainted the original Forest Service green(From what I was told). After that my Uncle had kids and bought a house so the Willy's sat derelict on th side yard for 13 years under a tarp half way put back together.

This brings us up to Feb of 2013. I was at a family get together at my Uncle's place when he announced to me that he had just purchased an 05 Rubicon for a screaming deal with less then 12K miles on the clock. He then mentioned to me that the Green Jeep had to go and that he would rather I take it then sell it and have someone cut it up. the next weekend I show up at his house with my trailer load everything up and bring her to her new home. For th next 2 weeks whatever free time I had was devoted to bringing the Willy's back to her former glory as a driver. I have painted and reassembled most everything. I also got new seat covers and foams(steel seat frames aren't to comfortable and have a tendancy to rip your jeans if you're not careful). After the two weeks the time had come to see if I could breathe life into that original 4 banger under the bonnet. I got some fresh fuel and pulled the battery out of my Chevelle hook it all up, said a prayer to the engine Gods, turned the key and she lived!!! She fired right off and purred just like a kitten. She's almost readyt for road use, just a few more little bits an pieces until I'm gonna be out in the hills showing my Uncle what a real Jeep can do.

I am also in the market for a WK. it seems that having the Willy's has inspired me to get a newer Jeep that I dont need to worry about leaving stock.

Cookie_M0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
dooboy2112
2000 WJ 

Welcome to JF.
dooboy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome. You're over the altamont from me.
Unread 11-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #4
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

Welcome to the site

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.