Finally introducing myself - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Introductions > Finally introducing myself

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
jjjames54

Finally introducing myself

Hey everyone! I've been lurking for way too long and wanted to finally introduce myself. Ever since I saw Jurassic Park as a kid I've always wanted a Jeep. I got a '97 TJ back in high school but could never afford to make it as cool as I wanted. I babied that thing and washed it every weekend. Props to my Grammie for taking such awesome pics.

mvc-003s.jpegmvc-005s.jpeg

I had to sell the Jeep after high school and get a reliable truck that could carry construction materials -- so I sadly traded in the Jeep for as much as I paid for it. Years later, I started juggling jobs and school, and decided I wanted my jeep back, but it was difficult to find a TJ that seemed reliable. I literally test drove one, and the rear driveshaft fell off at the dealership. So I reluctantly test drove a few JKs and settled on a brand new 2011. I stayed with the 2 door because I loved the turning radius and the look.

It was bone stock and covered in chrome. I didn't take any pictures of it until I took the chrome off, though. It was just really damn ugly. My suspension warranty just wore off so between my father and two of my friends, we've done all the work on it. I'm still working on it (that front bumper, man), but I couldn't wait to introduce myself and my Jeep to you guys.

It just looked so cool at 2am outside of a gas station. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks for all the information and ideas I've scrounged from you guys unknowingly.

jjjames54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
dooboy2112
2000 WJ 

Welcome to JF.
dooboy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum!!! Good look rig!!!

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
tjwood02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome!
tjwood02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

Love the new Jeep! Welcome to the site

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.