Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Entering the Jeep World

560 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  XJFoxxx 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

My wife and I just purchased a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 2wd with a 3 inch custom lift and Falken Ziex S/TZ-04 LT31/10.50R15 (original steal wheels). I now believe what the owner called custom lift is actually what the Jeep Community refers to as a Bastard Lift because it entails using a variety of different parts from other vehicles to lift the Jeep. It had a stiff ride and worn components so I replaced it with a Rubicon Express 3.5 Inch Super-Ride Suspension Lift Kit and Bilstein 5100 Shocks. We also found that the drive shaft was too short so we replaced it as well. We are also doing a full service, tune-up and repairing all the leaks to get the Jeep ready for fun in the California Sun.

We wanted something safe, reliable and fun that we could use for camping, other adventures and around town. This little Jeep seem to fit the bill. I am hopping to learn more about owning and maintain a Jeep through the form. It would also be nice to meet other Jeep owners in my area.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The Jeep is getting a new set of gears 390, axles and a limited slip differential right now. I can't wait to get it out on the road. Suspension and drivetrain should be complete this week. We need to get smog test, after putting a few miles on it. Then my wife and I are going to clean up the interior and figure out what we do next. One of my priorities is to repair / replace the damage to front bumper and passenger fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.