Another Joisey Guy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Introductions > Another Joisey Guy

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-24-2005, 01:23 PM   #1
jeepdad56
1977 J-Series Truck 

Another Joisey Guy

Posted a few things without the official intro... I am from central NJ and just bought a 79 CJ5 project that has less than 23,000 original miles. It has the 258 6cyl and 3 spd manual,power steering and that's about it. It was owned by the govt and a local police force. It has no roll bar and a weird metal cab w/ metal doors,roll up windows and slam latch door handles. It is for my 14 year old son when he turns 17 so we should have plenty of time to fix. It starts right up and runs great-just haven't driven it. The frame has rust but not the life threatening kind. Lot of cool people on here with great info. Mike

jeepdad56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2005, 02:45 PM   #2
BIGJMCCONNELL
1977 CJ7 

Mike,

Welcome. Lots of great info on this site. I am in Toms River where are you located?

--John
2.5 inch springs Matkins Frame with 1.5 inch body lift and all Fiberglass body D30/M20 w/3.54 gears, Moser 1-piece and Rear Aussie Locker, Jeep T-18w/Dana 20 and 35" tires Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, 6 point roll cage, OBA and a bunch of other stuff.
MY RIG
BIGJMCCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #3
jeepdad56
1977 J-Series Truck 

I am in beautiful downtown Bayville other wise known as the Pinewald section.
Toms River,let's see...went to TR North ,got married there,my wife and I both work there.... Been around Toms River for about 37 years (yikes!!) Got any spare Jeep CJ5 parts?
Unread 09-26-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
BIGJMCCONNELL
1977 CJ7 

Hey Sounds good. Definitely close to me. As far as parts, the only things I can think of that might be any good to you are a SS front bumper (with the round holes in it) and a Smittybilt (i think) center console.

I will have to come check out your project someday
2.5 inch springs Matkins Frame with 1.5 inch body lift and all Fiberglass body D30/M20 w/3.54 gears, Moser 1-piece and Rear Aussie Locker, Jeep T-18w/Dana 20 and 35" tires Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, 6 point roll cage, OBA and a bunch of other stuff.
MY RIG
BIGJMCCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2005, 05:47 PM   #5
JeepXJSB

Welcome!!!

[B][COLOR="White"][SIZE="2"]l[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL=http://www.jeepchat.net][B][SIZE=2] [color=#FFCC00][FONT="verdana"]JeepChat.net[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/URL] [B][COLOR="White"][SIZE="2"]l[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/default.asp"][B][COLOR="Lime"]JeepinOutfitters[/COLOR][/B][/URL] [B][COLOR="White"][SIZE="2"]l[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="White"]l [/COLOR][/B][URL="http://www.frappr.com/jeepforum"][B][COLOR="Blue"]Locate JeepForum Jeepers[/COLOR][/B][/URL] [B][COLOR="White"]l[/COLOR][/B]
[/CENTER]
JeepXJSB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #6
JimJimmyJames

Welcome to the forums, Mike .

I live in Beachwood, having grown up in Bayville. There is a small company on my route (I am a UPS driver) called The Jeepsterman who specializes in older Jeeps. The company is owned by a man in his 80's who is a bit, uh, cranky at times (that is a big understatement ) but he knows his stuff about Jeeps and has chicken coops filled with old Jeep parts. His daughter is very nice to deal with and from what I see basically runs the company. They deal in used and new parts. They are also an Omix-Ada dealer.

The Jeepsterman, Inc.
238 Ramtown Greenville Rd
Howell, NJ 07732
732-458-3966

Good luck with you and your son's restoration project!
[COLOR=Yellow]Yellow Jeep Club Member #9(Y)3(E)5(L)5(L)6(O)9(W)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]New Jersey Jeep Club Member #12[/COLOR]
JimJimmyJames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #7
jeepdad56
1977 J-Series Truck 

Howdy there -is it Jim? Wow is this weird. I was chatting on the phone today with a friend of mine who was from Brick and now lives in VA. He has a 1982 CJ7 he bought new in 82. He also had a 65 CJ5 with a column shift. He went to Morris Ratner's out in Howell and got a floor shift conversion kit. I remember going out there w/him or another friend. We were wondering today if he was still around!!!
As Yogi said It's deja Vu all over again!!! Thanks for the info. Mike
Unread 10-09-2005, 10:30 AM   #8
supaasianpdjr
2008 JK Wrangler 

supaasianpdjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.