92 Cherokee larado transmission question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Introductions > 92 Cherokee larado transmission question

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Sapper601

92 Cherokee larado transmission question

Hello anyone I have an off the wall question but it's kind of important I have a 92 jeep Cherokee larado with a 4.0L straight6 also with a 6.5in suspicion lift and I hit a bump in my field and it was bigger than I thought and my front drive shaft hit the ground and snapped my transfer case housing and I have been meaning to get a new one but I haven't had a chance to but I do have a v6 transmission
So my question is can I put my 6v transmission (2wd) and put it on straight 6 motor to make my jeep a temporary 2wd for now

Sapper601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

You really need to post this in the XJ section if you want some tech help. Very few people look at the introductions page. Short answer to your question, cheaper to replace your transfer case. Unless you have the shifter linkage, cooler lines, rear driveshaft, special conversion flywheel, and transmission to engine adapter, it will cost more to buy all that than to replace the transfer case.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.