1 hot NOOB Jeep Chic - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Introductions > 1 hot NOOB Jeep Chic

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 08-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Rocky64
1993 YJ Wrangler 

1 hot NOOB Jeep Chic

yeah right!

Anyways, I'm in Eastern Tennessee, in the Chattanooga area and I dont own a Jeep. Yet.

I have a very cool collection of parts that are going to be my Jeep. I have been lurking here for quite a while, so I thought it would be a good idea to get the part hunt jump started.

I have:
2008 5.7 hemi/trans/case out of my 3/4 ton Mega Cab 4x4.
Computer, harness, dash and steering column w/sentry key for this.
Frame, suspension (death wobble galore, Im sure) and axles from the same truck (26,000 miles).

this WAS it

The plan:
Shorten frame and drop a YJ body on it. Win.

My next steps... will be to research and form an action plan on the frame fabrication process. I hope to stay with leaf springs on the rear axle (future 4 link project), but mega cab leafs are loooonnngggg. So I've got some more homework to do. I don't plan to narrow my axles, we have so few places here in the east to rock crawl, this will see most of its duty running NFS fire/logging roads and camping/hunting. 6" superlift with blocks(4 link wont be soon enuff) is already present and accounted for and we hope to be rolling on 35's with the stock 4.10 gearing. I hope to convert this transfer to a manual shift, its dash mounted dial right now(forthefail). Lots of work to do...

hot noob jeep chic. lol

Rocky

Rocky64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
TJs06TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the site.
T.J.s 06 SOLAR YELLOW TJ "SWINDLE"
Yellow Jeep Club Member #388291416
2001 Dodge Dakota QC Sport
TJs06TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.