JF To AutoGuide - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 115 Old 10-04-2012, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Keith
Admin

JF To AutoGuide

Group Builder has assigned ownership of JeepForum to AutoGuide.com. They have a strong focus on the automotive vertical so it makes sense as we do not. AutoGuide also owns Pirate4x4.com and they have done a terrific job there of keeping things running smooth and without interruption or distraction. I have no doubt they will do the same here and other then another Administrator things will continue on the same path.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Advertisement Free Jeep Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 115 Old 10-04-2012, 02:06 PM
PhilipB
Administrator

Garage
Hello,

Just wanted to introduce my self to you all. My name is Philip and I am a community manager for AutoGuide.com and will be taking over the WebMaster duties for Group Builder on JeepForum.com
I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please post them.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

Philip
post #3 of 115 Old 10-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Keith -- Are you still going to have a role with JF?

Philip -- What changes are planned for JF?

post #4 of 115 Old 10-04-2012, 03:08 PM
PhilipB
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

Me being around for one.
Beyond that the addition of other mobile plugins (keeping forum runner but adding the autoguide mobile app) beyond that there is nothing I can thing of right away but I am open to suggestions.
post #5 of 115 Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Keith
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

Yea, as much as you want me gone I'll still be around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Advertisement Free Jeep Forum
post #6 of 115 Old 10-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipB View Post
Me being around for one.
Beyond that the addition of other mobile plugins (keeping forum runner but adding the autoguide mobile app) beyond that there is nothing I can thing of right away but I am open to suggestions.
What kind of Jeep do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Yes, yes. That's been my plan all along. Muah ha ha ha.
post #7 of 115 Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM
GilaMtnJeep
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipB

Me being around for one.
Welcome! Have you seen some of the "bug report" posts. I like the app better than the full site on my Android, it's just easier to use. I however am not a real fan of Forum Runner. It is lacking a little in feature and functionality. Is the Autoguide app a branded or is it "your own" creation?

Edit: FWIW: The Tapatalk or XDA apps, IMHO, are better examples of "feature and function".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith

Touche!!!!

Silence is Golden, Duct tape comes in Many Colors.

Journeyman Meterman IBEW Local 611

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
post #8 of 115 Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 AM
PhilipB
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernBchJeep View Post
Welcome! Have you seen some of the "bug report" posts. I like the app better than the full site on my Android, it's just easier to use. I however am not a real fan of Forum Runner. It is lacking a little in feature and functionality. Is the Autoguide app a branded or is it "your own" creation?
Edit: FWIW: The Tapatalk or XDA apps, IMHO, are better examples of "feature and function".
Touche!!!!
We have a Free branded version of tapatalk you can download in the google play store or the apple app store. It like most of the mobile apps is still buggy with IOS6 and will not work with blackberry.
post #9 of 115 Old 10-05-2012, 03:15 PM
GilaMtnJeep
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, I'm covered. I have the paid tapatalk on my Android and it has been trouble free for me.

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
post #10 of 115 Old 10-05-2012, 04:04 PM
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I assume all the forum and app issues over the last few days are because of the switch over and will not continue?
post #11 of 115 Old 10-05-2012, 04:46 PM
PhilipB
Administrator

Garage
The app issues should all be resolved now. There was some minor confusion with getting them back up and running at 100% but we tested it yesterday and aside from IOS6 not being consistent the others all work.
post #12 of 115 Old 10-05-2012, 04:47 PM
PhilipB
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernBchJeep View Post
Cool, I'm covered. I have the paid tapatalk on my Android and it has been trouble free for me.
You would still need to download the autoguide app but it is just about identical to tapatalk in form and function.
post #13 of 115 Old 10-05-2012, 05:00 PM
GilaMtnJeep
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Works for me. I see there's a free and paid version. Other than ads or no ads, any difference?

Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
post #14 of 115 Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 PM
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Double post after it 404'd but apparently let my post through.
post #15 of 115 Old 10-05-2012, 05:47 PM
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipB View Post
The app issues should all be resolved now. There was some minor confusion with getting them back up and running at 100% but we tested it yesterday and aside from IOS6 not being consistent the others all work.
Can you guys works on the database not found, database error, cache not found, wrong dates and times, threads loading at random points next?

I understand Keith selling the site, but all these issues have happened in the last few days.

And the Android app still doesn't work, when it does it loads threads from a few months ago.

Now its working for a few of the tech sections.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.