Closer attention to general off road? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > JeepForum Announcements & Comments > Closer attention to general off road?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
notmyj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Closer attention to general off road?

Was wondering if it would be possible to get a little more closer moderation in the "Jeep and General Offroad" forum. It used to be threads and discussions about winches, lockers, tires, axles, recovery gear, etc.

Take a look at it now. There people asking about remote starters, value of parts, etc. Stuff that has NOTHING to do with offroading. That part of the forum used to be a wealth of information and a place that covered all aspects of offroading without being model specific. Remote starters? Shouldn't that be in the electrical forum?

Maybe I'm being whiney, but I have seen many forums grow past the abilities of the mods and admins, and the members run amuck, un checked, causing the ultimated demise of the forum. I don't want to see this place start down that slippery slope.

Don't get me wrong, I know the mods and admins have a lot to do, I am a mod on another forum, but I think we need to move threads to the right places, and delete the consistant fights and name calling that derail threads in the tech sections. If two members want to argue and call each other names, fine. They can do it in the general forum.

Maybe, I'm wrong, and if so I'll shut up. I just think some additional attention to the boards would benefit the members more than they know.

My BUDGET York OBA Install
Budget Welding Cart
Carling Contura Switch Panel

If it has tracks, tires or tits, its gonna cause a problem.

"Everytime someone "upgrades" a D35, an angel looses its wings."

"Dizzy" - What SnoopDog would call a Distributor if he was a mechanic. I cringe every time I hear this moronic term

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
Send lawyers, guns and money. The **** has hit the fan...
92, 4.0, AW4, 8.8, D30, 15x10, 37's, SOA etc, etc
92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)
notmyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

We try to keep on top of it, but, we would like to have your help in keeping the forum running smooth. IF you notice something totally out of line, you can use the ReportPost button ( ) to send a quick email to the moderator of the section that the message is in with details of the issue that you see in the posting.

You will find the just below the member's name who posted the message on each and every message on the board.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
Keith
Admin

General Off-Road. You mean General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment

If so that's a general forum, not specific to off-road. It's for non-vehicle specific general discussion.

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.