Can I Bump My Own Thread??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > JeepForum Announcements & Comments > Can I Bump My Own Thread???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
MightyMouse13
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Can I Bump My Own Thread???

I am selling some things in the classified section and things are pretty active in there. Some of my items made it to the 3rd page in just over a day! They aren't going to get any visibilty there. I tried to "bump" my own thread but it didn't seem to move to the front of the line.

Is there a function on JF to prevent the creator of threads in the classifieds from doing this? If so, how do I bring my thread back the the front?

99 Intake. Edelbrock Header. Brown Dog poly MM. C-ROK steering box bracket. Currie steering brace. OME steering shock. Mandrel 2.5" Exhaust. Magnaflow Muffler. 21mpg! (17 after 31's). 95 dual diaphragm brake booster.
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

people usually find stuff with the search....so bumping wont do anything unless you do it every 20 minutes, lol.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

think about that for a minute.

you post something for sale, then so do a bunch of other people, so your post moves down.

you bump your own thread, then so does everybody else.

where is your post now?

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

Have to agree with the last two posts.

I bought a set of Rubicon rocker guards from a member here a few years ago and found his ad by using the search.

I don't know if it's encouraged here or not, but you could always put a link to your ad in your signature.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

My Jeep Pics

I live. I wheel. I am. Jeep
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
SHAKEnBLAKE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think JF just keeps the classifieds in the order they're posted, which keeps the annoying "overbumpers" from dominating the classifieds. People will find your stuff, just make sure to spell things correctly and include "key words" so your listing can easily be found when searching.
Unread 06-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

3-character searches would go a long way to making the Classified forums more efficient. There are a huge number of common searches inherent to the Jeep world that are only 3-characters long.

As it stands, the only time I get activity on my listings is when I delete and re-list them prior to their expiration. Getting a thread closer to the top is the primary exposure factor needed in order to get the item moved in an environment where searches are less effective. It isn't just something that impacts the seller. If the shopper/potential buyer can't find the item they need which does exist, they get "hurt" also. To have a successfull Classified system you want to provide all the enablers possible and remove any hinderences that prohibit Buyers and Sellers from finding each other.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.