ZJ with a Bull Bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > ZJ with a Bull Bar

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Get DBA Brake Rotors From ExtremeTerrain.com!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 03-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
minimodes89
1998 ZJ 

ZJ with a Bull Bar

I was thinking of getting one of these...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290442009346&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

and just wanted to see what it would look like on a ZJ. In a perfect world I'd be getting an arb bumper but can't really afford it right now. I was also concerned with if it would block my license plate since in NY we need it. The one I would order would be the powder coat black one.

and for those of you who don't feel like clicking

Penn State Alum:Industrial Engineering
minimodes89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
rritch
1998 ZJ 

Here are a couple pics of mine. it is the Westin Safari bar with 2 Hella 500s

Unread 03-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

like this? the bar doesnt fit as close to the bumper like the picture you posted because the bumper isn't that shape, but here you go. its a westin, too

edit: it was a ***** to get on without taking off the bumper, so if you get it, take the bumper off for the first half of the installation. its not all one piece, there is a bracket that comes down about 8 inches and the bull bar bolts on to that. so install the bracket first, put the bumper back on, and then bolt on the bar.
dscf1100.jpg   dscf1150.jpg  
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
minimodes89
1998 ZJ 

Thanks guys that's exactly what I was looking for...do you know if i can still put in factory tow hooks if I install one or does it use those mounting holes

Rritch those aren't factory fogs in your bumper are they? If not what kind are they and how do they compare with brightness?

Unread 03-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
rritch
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimodes89 View Post
Thanks guys that's exactly what I was looking for...do you know if i can still put in factory tow hooks if I install one or does it use those mounting holes
Mine came with heavy steel brackets to relocate and still use the factory tow hooks. Also when you order it pay attention. When I ordered mine (quadratec) I had to order the mounts seperate from the safari bar.
Unread 03-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #6
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

yeah they do come with relocation brackets. i got mine from autozone, i think. but you have to buy the bull bar and the installation kit separate if i remember correctly.
Unread 03-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

IMO the best looking bull bar for the ZJ is the OEM bar. Very, very rare and hard to find though.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
rritch
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimodes89 View Post

Rritch those aren't factory fogs in your bumper are they? If not what kind are they and how do they compare with brightness?
Sorry, I missed the question about the fogs. They are not the factory fogs. Someone smashed them out while I had the bumper cover off painting it. These are Pilot brand driving lights that I picked up at autozone. I was able to mount them in to the stock brackets and they fit nicely. As far a brightness, they are probably pretty comparable to the factory fogs. These are driving light though so it is a different light pattern. Let's just say that with those and the Hella's going I can almost overcome the crappy stock headlights
Unread 08-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #9
minimodes89
1998 ZJ 

are you light bars going through the vents at the bottom of the grill?

Unread 08-18-2011, 06:24 AM   #10
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

yes
Unread 12-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

What suits the ZJ better? The bull bar, brush guard, or a push bar?

I was looking at this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-98-Jeep-G...ba2d7d&vxp=mtr

And maybe cutting off the part that covers the headlights and just having the middle section over the grille.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.