YJ's with OME 2.5 lift and 33's or bigger. - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > YJ's with OME 2.5 lift and 33's or bigger.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 10-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI, Michigan
Posts: 1,969
YJ's with OME 2.5 lift and 33's or bigger.

I'm looking to see YJ's with OME 36r springs and 33's and bigger tires.

__________________
Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
rambo3489
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 1,637
BUMP? I want to see too. How about any 2-3" lift and 33's or bigger? Sorry to hijack. I just want to see some pics.
__________________
89 YJ.. My first jeep and I won't let it go. ▀||||▀

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 8,379
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, When I buy another YJ I intend on running 36R springs, 1" BL, and Boomerang shackles, and 33's for a DD. Because by then my XJ will be on 37's using a Fabricated D60 up front and Fabricated 14Bolt in the rear
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI, Michigan
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, When I buy another YJ I intend on running 36R springs, 1" BL, and Boomerang shackles, and 33's for a DD. Because by then my XJ will be on 37's using a Fabricated D60 up front and Fabricated 14Bolt in the rear
Where I'm at right now doesn't have good enough service to upload pics, but I'm running 36r leafs and 1/2" booms and 33s on my Yj now. Check my build thread in my sig, I have tons of pics in there. Btw love this setup!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI, Michigan
Posts: 1,969
Here ya go. 4" RC fronts, OME 36r rear.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-753574092.jpg   image-3938521045.jpg   image-1649572124.jpg  
__________________
Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
zte87
2.5 POWER!
 
zte87's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon, wa
Posts: 5,065
Jeep on the left is 91BoD here on the forum and runs omu lift and 33's
image-85718278.jpg  
__________________
93 jeep yj bds 5 inch springs 5/8 boom shackles in the rear, locked front and rear dana 44/60 with front and rear chromoly shafts full cloak armor and 40 inch toyo's
january 2013 yjotm winner!
2013 yjoty winner!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
jeepyj13
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: greenville, mississippi
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
Here ya go. 4" RC fronts, OME 36r rear.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Might as well be 2" RC springs. The ome sits higher.
__________________
"Its a Jeeps World, other 4x4s just get stuck in it."
jeepyj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI, Michigan
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13 View Post
Might as well be 2" RC springs. The ome sits higher.
Yeah, damn right. I actually really like this set up now. The thing about RC springs is after they have a bunch of weight on em and they have sagged down to 2.5" of lift or so they actually rid pretty well and flex really well. They will get replaced though!
__________________
Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
jeepyj13
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: greenville, mississippi
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
Yeah, damn right. I actually really like this set up now. The thing about RC springs is after they have a bunch of weight on em and they have sagged down to 2.5" of lift or so they actually rid pretty well and flex really well. They will get replaced though!
Mine is getting that way too. I had the spring lift for almost 2 yrs and I already had to replace the passenger side set 6 months after installing it. Now driver side is sagged maybe it makes since my 170lb carcus is the only one in it, but still. My yj is not that heavy except for the 6 cyl. engine and hard top. I will be adding a set of bumpers and full size spare in a month or two and when that happens that it I know the rc springs will fatigue. I'm replacing those springs either with fabtech, zones new 4" yj springs, or bds 3.5 hd in the spring.
__________________
"Its a Jeeps World, other 4x4s just get stuck in it."
jeepyj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI, Michigan
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13

Mine is getting that way too. I had the spring lift for almost 2 yrs and I already had to replace the passenger side set 6 months after installing it. Now driver side is sagged maybe it makes since my 170lb carcus is the only one in it, but still. My yj is not that heavy except for the 6 cyl. engine and hard top. I will be adding a set of bumpers and full size spare in a month or two and when that happens that it I know the rc springs will fatigue. I'm replacing those springs either with fabtech, zones new 4" yj springs, or bds 3.5 hd in the spring.
Why not OME 36R leafs? They ride and flex better then all you listed (yes even BDS) and give 3.5" I lift.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #11
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler
 
AmbuGrl's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Posts: 2,397
3.5 in BDS, 5/8in boomerang shackles, 33in KM2s
bds-pic-yj.jpg   395450_10150567365431858_1709431884_n.jpg  
__________________
- HM1(SW/AW)Ret USN Dec 23,1992 to Dec 31, 2012

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)



2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ


USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.