YJ's with Bestop Supertop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > YJ's with Bestop Supertop

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
MikeB78
1993 YJ Wrangler 

YJ's with Bestop Supertop

I am looking at replacing my factory soft top with one of the Bestop Supertops. I wanted to see some pictures from the inside of the bow assembly, how it attaches etc. I am especially interested to see how the top attaches over the doors. I have already ripped mine and had seams comming loose from messing with those PITA snaps. Of course half of the seams on the top are falling out including the ones that hold my rear side windows in on the zippers. Im also interested in hearing opinions from anyone who has made the switch and if you think it was worth it. Right now I can get it for $711 shipped + 10% if I want the lifetime warranty through 4wheelparts. Thanks y'all.
Mike

MikeB78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
gottkts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I will try to post some pics later. My uncle has it on his and I got one for mine, the top is way easier to put up and down and looks a lot better IMO
gottkts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
ratfink4545
1995 YJ Wrangler 

my top is probably six years old, and is pretty beat up, but it still looks decent
i live in montana, and it has been really cold, like ten below, but it definately keeps the cold out really well

sorry for the crappy cell pic
ratfink4545 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
gottkts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here is my uncles no pics of the inside yet try to get them soon

Unread 07-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Psychman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hi, I know this is an older thread, but I was wondering about getting a bestop super top for my 95 yj. I am really curious about the rounded doors and the front section of the roof.
First, are these roofs a total swine to install? In particular getting the doors lined up with the frame/windsheild? Do they keep the weather out better than the factory stock roof?
Are they worth the price?
Thanks
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #6
gottkts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

We installed the one on my uncles and I put one on mine as well. Easy to do and I will say they keep out rain and stuff very well. Only time I had an leaks was when power washing but that's expected. But honestly when April hits we took ours completely off till September

94YJ BDS 3.5, M.O.R.E shackles,1 inch daystar body lift, Ford 8.8 arb locker, 4.56 yukon gears, Dana 30 ARB locker, ARB compressor, HID headlights, LED tailights, TnT tube fenders and quarters, smittybilt rocksliders, raptor liner, ground pounder fab bumpers, 35" cooper stt tires on 15x8 cragar streetlocks,warn winch and more
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
Psychman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks alot for the reply. I think I might just go with this roof. I saw another (monster) yj with one and it really makes the jeep look better.
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
tslroper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It's not too hard to get the door uppers fitted correctly. It takes about 3 or 4 minutes per side to adjust the sliding collars and bend the metal in. Not bad at all. The front section of the roof isnt bad at all. It takes a few tries before you really get the hang of it, but its not bad. The only complaint I have with mine is the rubber piece that the tailgate bar hooks to is tearing off after only 2 winters (used for about 2 months each year). The tops of the doors are known for pulling out in the wind at highway speeds but a little adjustment and bending of the bars for the upper doors solved that issue for me.
tslroper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
omegacab
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I had the Bestop on my old Jeep liked it alot, even more than the hard top. I liked how quick and easy it was to go topless.
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mine with super top bestrop soft doors.

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #11
Firefyter-Emt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Funny, I went the other way and opted for the NX style top for the OEM hardware. Yes, the snaps take longer to connect, but I think the hardware is far superior than the Supertop stuff. It does stink that you have top use the half doors with it and that there is no option for two piece soft doors, but I still like it much better than the Supertop. I am not a big fan of all the velcro and my doors did not have to be bent up to keep them shut on the highway!
Firefyter-Emt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #12
Psychman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Do you have to do any drilling or hole punching with these roofs? (My jy came with the stock square doors soft top.) In particular the hardware that joins to the windscreen and where the same piece would go down towards the half door? Since the windows and doors would be different with this roof. Thanks..
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #13
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychman View Post
Do you have to do any drilling or hole punching with these roofs? (My jy came with the stock square doors soft top.) In particular the hardware that joins to the windscreen and where the same piece would go down towards the half door? Since the windows and doors would be different with this roof. Thanks..
Pretty sure you have to drill a few holes
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.