YJ W/ R.E. 4.5" & 33's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > YJ W/ R.E. 4.5" & 33's

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 03-25-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
Matt87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

YJ W/ R.E. 4.5" & 33's

Like the title says, looking for pics of YJ's with Rubicon Express 4.5" lift on 33's. I have a heavy jeep an want a little more lift.

Unread 03-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Click the link in my sig... there's a few in there of my 93 YJ with the 4.5" XD and 33x15x12.50 BFG's. When I did the lift the bump stops all fell off so near full flex it would rub just a little but not too much. Just enough to wear the plastic down some over time.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
Matt87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Got anymore?
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Here's a few more at 'rest' to give an idea on clearance.

Unread 03-26-2008, 11:56 PM   #5
Matt87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks man, you may have sold me on these springs. Do they ride and flex pretty good?
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:03 PM   #6
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

They ride and flex great. They're a little stiff at first, but I didn't really 'break them in' right away on trails and torqued the frame and shackle bolts at max spec. If you torque them down around nominal or minimum spec, they should soften up a bit quicker. You can also park your Jeep on top of something to flex it out overnight (properly blocked of course) to soften them up quicker.

It's probably the best overall spring under kit you can buy. The only thing it doesn't come with (aside from shocks, unless you choose that option) is a SYE/CV kit, but that's only because of the difference in transmissions and axles found in YJ's and the variety of options for SYE. If I weren't planning on doing an SOA on my next YJ, I'd definitely go with the RE XD kit again.

Just a few things about the kit:

- The aluminum shims suck and so do the centering pins in the leafs. Get steel shims and grade 8 bolts to replace the centering pins before you install the leafs. It'll save you time and effort down the road. Don't even bother installing front shims, the driveline is long enough to accomodate the slight increase in angle.

- The track bars are worthless. They provide a relocating bracket for the front, but I just left it off and didn't notice any difference in the handling at all.

Unread 03-28-2008, 12:16 AM   #7
Matt87YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

What are these track bars you speak of? They have been off this jeep since I did the RC lift. I'm replacing the old drivetrain with a new motor, tranny, and sye'd tcase when I pull this apart again. Thanks for the help and advice.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.