Yj flex! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 89 Old 07-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
 
Joe Dillard's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lexington Park
Posts: 13,289
My POS:




My friend Val's rig:





My friend Wally's old rig:



Scotts (Tomb Raider) old rig:



My friend Matts rig flexing pretty well:



Joe Dillard is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 89 Old 07-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Leans93
She's my density...
 
Leans93's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mesa
Posts: 1,455





M.F. Leans


93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up.
Leans93 is offline  
post #18 of 89 Old 07-10-2010, 02:18 AM
ImpactFabWorks
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: victorville,ca
Posts: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wrangler4life View Post
Thats some buII**** right there, my RC lift flex's very very well, just takes knowing what it needs and how to do it, add some BOOM shackles then tell me it doesnt flex well.
Are you ok?

1990 YJ = The Toy/ My Daily Driver
1996 XJ= Wifes Daily Driver



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



Please fill out your profile, It helps us help you!!!
ImpactFabWorks is offline  
post #19 of 89 Old 07-10-2010, 07:01 AM
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]
 
SimonTuffGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA
Posts: 2,183




To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SimonTuffGuy is offline  
post #20 of 89 Old 07-10-2010, 11:27 AM
whitie_08
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactFabWorks View Post
Fixed it
mine does fine



^^^thats a lie.
whitie_08 is offline  
post #21 of 89 Old 07-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Drastiq
Web Wheeler
 
Drastiq's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stillwater
Posts: 1,381
uhh i added boom shackles, now ill tell you..it doesnt flex well


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2000 TJ | MCOG ;)
2.5" RC Progressive, 1" M.O.R.E BL, Long Arms, HP30, 8.8, 35" BFG KM2s
Aussie, Powertrax, Riddler, Bilstein, Rubicon Express, Artec, Tom Woods
Currie, Poison Spyder, OME, Cragar, Smittybilt, Precision, Rustys, Teraflex
-
SOLD 1994 YJ, OD Green. 4" RC. 2" BL. 2" SL. 1" MML 35" MTZ.
SOLD 1998 TJ, Red, Stock, 161k, 5sp, 6cyl.
Drastiq is offline  
post #22 of 89 Old 07-11-2010, 07:04 AM
kurtis1971
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: summerhill,pa
Posts: 365





kurtis1971 is offline  
post #23 of 89 Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 AM
95wrangler4life
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jeannette
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drastic View Post
uhh i added boom shackles, now ill tell you..it doesnt flex well
i see your effin problem, a TJ driver driving a YJ! Buy a different lift if you dont like it, or re-torque your spring eye bolts to 38-42lbs (that means jack it up and loosen them, then redo it).

Even worse is your clueless, TJ has a BB, future mods are long arms and 33's? really? Gonna spend 2k on suspension, 2k on axles and only run some 33's? What clue do you have about how anything should flex?

(waiting on a list to come back of blah blah BS, i owned all these jeeps blah blah blah)

95YJ 2.5 AX5 NP231 HP30 4.88 and aussie, 8.8 4.88 mini spool, 4" RC, 1.5" Boom shackles, 1" BL, 1" rear stretch, 36 12.5 15 TSL SX's, trimmed front fenders, bedlined exterior, comp cut coming soon!


Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
95wrangler4life is offline  
post #24 of 89 Old 07-11-2010, 11:19 AM
jeepinmichguy_
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Sticks
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wrangler4life View Post

Even worse is your clueless, TJ has a BB, future mods are long arms and 33's? really? Gonna spend 2k on suspension, 2k on axles and only run some 33's? What clue do you have about how anything should flex?

(waiting on a list to come back of blah blah BS, i owned all these jeeps blah blah blah)
whats wrong with a bb???? tjs stock suspensions flex well with proper shocks, a small suspension lift and discos. i do own a yj and 2 tjs blah blah blah and with the same amount money you can make a more capable tj. if the guy really did wanna run 33's i hate to break it to you but 99 percent of the trails you can do with 35's, also can be done with 33's. oh and thats a straight up 2 inch bb, not maxed out yet btw



and for good measure to keep the thread on track here is my yj back in 2002 note the awsomeness of the three in body lift it used to have , what was i thinking.



ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline  
post #25 of 89 Old 07-11-2010, 11:39 AM
ZeroGravity
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,927






I would have kept going with the fork lift but my buddies thought it was about to flop.

91 YJ
98 XJ
2 door love
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline  
post #26 of 89 Old 07-11-2010, 12:37 PM
95wrangler4life
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jeannette
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
whats wrong with a bb???? tjs stock suspensions flex well with proper shocks, a small suspension lift and discos. i do own a yj and 2 tjs blah blah blah and with the same amount money you can make a more capable tj. if the guy really did wanna run 33's i hate to break it to you but 99 percent of the trails you can do with 35's, also can be done with 33's. oh and thats a straight up 2 inch bb, not maxed out yet btw



and for good measure to keep the thread on track here is my yj back in 2002 note the awsomeness of the three in body lift it used to have , what was i thinking.


did you drive the Yj on the street, i have heard them revolvers are terrible on the street but never ran them. As far as the TJ in not slamming them, owned 2 of them, what i am saying is some smarta$$ kid talking bout things flexing, and talking about nothing because thats how far he knows, complaining bout the lack of flex, whenever something is obviously wrong and instead of trying to figure it out, just say it doesnt flex well cause its RC, if i over-tighten or do a few other things to BDS, RE, SL, TF it will not flex either.

95YJ 2.5 AX5 NP231 HP30 4.88 and aussie, 8.8 4.88 mini spool, 4" RC, 1.5" Boom shackles, 1" BL, 1" rear stretch, 36 12.5 15 TSL SX's, trimmed front fenders, bedlined exterior, comp cut coming soon!


Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
95wrangler4life is offline  
post #27 of 89 Old 07-11-2010, 12:44 PM
jeepinmichguy_
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Sticks
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wrangler4life View Post
did you drive the Yj on the street, i have heard them revolvers are terrible on the street but never ran them. As far as the TJ in not slamming them, owned 2 of them, what i am saying is some smarta$$ kid talking bout things flexing, and talking about nothing because thats how far he knows, complaining bout the lack of flex, whenever something is obviously wrong and instead of trying to figure it out, just say it doesnt flex well cause its RC, if i over-tighten or do a few other things to BDS, RE, SL, TF it will not flex either.
yes i ran those revolvers on the street with no trac/sway and trails for 3-4 years. i only ran them in the front though never in the rear (didnt have a sye yet and partied to much to buy one). i loved them and the only reason i got rid of them is i went soa. i never had any of the "unloading issues" thats float around the forum from all the people that never ran them. i would recommend them to anyone anytime.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline  
post #28 of 89 Old 07-11-2010, 12:47 PM
95wrangler4life
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jeannette
Posts: 918
if i find a set for the front at a decent price i may try them, just not sure how much more i want to push things as my setup is pretty close to dialed in right now, just need to get my bumpstops ordered and she'll be good but always up for trying new things. Any front DS issues with them?

95YJ 2.5 AX5 NP231 HP30 4.88 and aussie, 8.8 4.88 mini spool, 4" RC, 1.5" Boom shackles, 1" BL, 1" rear stretch, 36 12.5 15 TSL SX's, trimmed front fenders, bedlined exterior, comp cut coming soon!


Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
95wrangler4life is offline  
post #29 of 89 Old 07-11-2010, 12:49 PM
jeepinmichguy_
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Sticks
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wrangler4life View Post
if i find a set for the front at a decent price i may try them, just not sure how much more i want to push things as my setup is pretty close to dialed in right now, just need to get my bumpstops ordered and she'll be good but always up for trying new things. Any front DS issues with them?
nope, never busted a front shaft or ujoints and i had it dialed in to where they would almost fully open up. btw those pics are not even close to them being open wide. on a side note, my dad drove it down from michigan to florida and didnt have any drivability issues. i also drove it to michigan from florida, back to florida and up to virginia.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline  
post #30 of 89 Old 07-12-2010, 07:11 AM
ImpactFabWorks
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: victorville,ca
Posts: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wrangler4life View Post
i see your effin problem, a TJ driver driving a YJ! Buy a different lift if you dont like it, or re-torque your spring eye bolts to 38-42lbs (that means jack it up and loosen them, then redo it).

Even worse is your clueless, TJ has a BB, future mods are long arms and 33's? really? Gonna spend 2k on suspension, 2k on axles and only run some 33's? What clue do you have about how anything should flex?

(waiting on a list to come back of blah blah BS, i owned all these jeeps blah blah blah)
Wow and he's the child? You should lay off of him I mean seriously you think boom shackles increase flex

1990 YJ = The Toy/ My Daily Driver
1996 XJ= Wifes Daily Driver



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



Please fill out your profile, It helps us help you!!!
ImpactFabWorks is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
ZJ flex!!! FortCollinsZJ Jeep Picture Requests 21 08-14-2012 10:39 AM
flex pics ... 4"x-series with new flex arms 45caljeep Jeep Picture Requests 21 04-06-2010 07:46 PM
Wj Flex!! lakailimited06 Jeep Picture Requests 10 02-10-2008 02:34 AM
A Flex Pic 06slvrrubi Jeep Builds 34 08-21-2005 10:45 PM
Flex Rescue Jeep Builds 20 11-11-2004 11:29 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome