YJ Center Console - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > YJ Center Console

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
YJ-Ralph

YJ Center Console

Send in pics of your YJ consoles I'm indecisive on what I wanna get I would like to see it already on a jeep just wanna see what out there

YJ-Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Isn't there a thread like this already? From when Zte87 needed a new console?

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Check out my Ammo can console in my sig
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
vetteonr
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Gotta go with an ammo can..........

Unread 09-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
YJ-Ralph

Wow how did you make that? Thats really cool
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
vetteonr
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just took a 2x6 and a 2x2 pieces of wood and mounted the ammo box to it. Here's a pic from behind to show how I mounted it......

Unread 09-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
WSS
1972 CJ5 

YJ only, or can CJs participate?

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #8
YJ-Ralph

Cj's are more then welcomed to participate!
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #9
YJ-Ralph

Very nice console on you cj by the way
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #10
zombiechief
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hey WSS, which console is that? How do the wires get routed into it? Can you give a little detail on your console? I've been thinking of modifying my .50 cal can console for my 2M, CB and 1 way too.

73's!
N2GNZ
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
somedanglurker
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiechief View Post
Hey WSS, which console is that? How do the wires get routed into it? Can you give a little detail on your console? I've been thinking of modifying my .50 cal can console for my 2M, CB and 1 way too.

73's!
N2GNZ
If its a Tuffy, like mine, the radio compartment on the front is open at the bottom.
somedanglurker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
zombiechief
1990 YJ Wrangler 

No, mine is a .50 cal ammo can. I'm looking for ideas for routng the wires and mounting the radios.
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #13
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have a Tuffy one in mine and it has been great

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #14
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiechief View Post

73's!
N2GNZ
I bought a dealer demo unit off of ebay to start with. I really wanted Tuffy quality but didn't want to part with the cash LOL. The demo had a large cut out on the side to show the features. I cut a piece of 16ga sheet to cover it. The console is mounted to the rollcage same as the seats. It has a 200a master switch to prevent theft , so I used that power in the console to power the 12v plugs on the back as well as the led dome lights in the rear section. There is one of these in the bottom to distribute the power:

http://www.12voltguy.com/1-WIRE-FUSE-BLOCKS.html

I hole sawed and grommet-ed a 1.5" hole on the bottom to run the cables and wires. To paint, I used a couple cans of undercoating paint. Powdercoat would have been better but it works. The way the fuse block is mounted, I did lose the bottom four inches or so of storage, so the holster had to go on the outside. No big deal though. I got a lot accomplished with the space I had.

Tommy
KF6KIH

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #15
DustyGeneral
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I also went the ammo can route. For mine I actually cut the ammo can up. I shortened it from back to front and from side to side so it would fit between my front seats and flush with the back of the seats. It is sized so it does not interfere with shifting into any gears, but down lower I took some of the chopped ammo can and made a "cupholder". I took the original handles of the ammo can and shortened them and welded them back on. I also drilled a hole in the top to put a locking mechanism from an old filing cabinet, and I took some half inch plywood, wally world carpet, and foam board I had lying around and I made a squishy arm rest for the top of the ammo can.

It is mounted to the body by angle iron that I measured, notched a 45 in it and bent it by hand. Basically I made a tray that the ammo can bolts to. Then I made two feet out of the same angle iron, cut them to height and welded the feet to the tray then bolted the tray to the body. Here is what it looks like from the top down. Unfortunately I didn't snap any pictures of when I was making everything. Here is what it looks like from the driver's side. I can take other pictures if you want to see.

Picture didn't upload. Let me see what I can do.
DustyGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.