Xj storage options, but any cool storage accepted - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Xj storage options, but any cool storage accepted

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 10-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
Cherokee-at-16
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Xj storage options, but any cool storage accepted

So, I want to see some creative storage options. Mostly xj's but what ever you got that creative and makes good use of space. The reason for this is I want to make something that would be able to hold all of my stuff,in an organized way and hold it in its place. That would also be able to lock. I just got my radio stolen for the first time, they hit a bunch of jeeps here at my school, so i have taken everything out. which is a pain to think if I have the stuff I need.

To put this into perspective (looking for ideas and pictures here) I want to try and fit all the normal essentials; jumper cables, recovery gear, some hand tools, blanket, towel, emergency kit, etc. Somewhere that's not to obvious and is locked.

Then I want to be able to fit all the extra stuff I take wheeling in the back too; spare u joints, shafts, drive shaft, 33-35" spare, more tools.

My idea, is to build a box, that is roughly the shape of the back of the jeep. I was thinking 6-7 inches deep, with just a flat top that was strong enough for the spare to be thrown on top of, while stuff that I rarely needed or small enough can go inside the box. I might also incorprate a place for a small compressor and tank set up.

So lets see what you got, thanks.

Unread 10-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

search, theres a few threads already made about XJ storage

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.