XJ Insulated Body Panels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > XJ Insulated Body Panels

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
TheMiddleMan

XJ Insulated Body Panels

My XJ is loud....
So was yours...
You did something about it....
I want to....

What kind of insulation did you use to avoid water absorbsion or rot.

If you have pics, please share as I would like a bit more of a barrier for winter if it actually makes a difference.

Thanks!

P.S. Doesn't have to be just xj's, if you used it in another jeep, I'm all for your ideas

TheMiddleMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

You could use dynamat, it really quiets things down. But its a little pricey. There are other alternatives out there, just do some searches on Google for insulating a car
Unread 11-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
piraterig
2004 WJ 

i offbrand dynomatted my roof and doors because it was so cold in side. from a local store it call self adhesive insulation matting and the recovered my roof with camo "duck canvas" its thick.

piraterig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
TheMiddleMan

^^^ I like it.

Aside from the camo covering, is it resonably priced to do the roof with the matting?

Thanks!
Unread 11-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #5
piraterig
2004 WJ 

post is below.

Last edited by piraterig; 11-14-2011 at 03:09 AM.. Reason: double posted
Unread 11-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #6
piraterig
2004 WJ 

i had bout 225 total in the job. i think the mating was like 125 dollars, its a bit high but 1/2 the price of dynomat. i think what he bought for me was hvac duct insulation its the exact same thing as this here on ebay.. the camo was 40 bucks and i use heavy duty fabric glue (stuff was high like 27 dollars a bottle) from the fabric store and a large rolling pin to smooth it out on the (removed) headliner

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADHESIVE-FOI...#ht_1189wt_905
Unread 11-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
TheMiddleMan

That's not bad at all. I like the HVAC padding, thats actually a really good idea. I appreciate the tips.

Thanks!

Tags
foam , sound , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.