XJ Insulated Body Panels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > XJ Insulated Body Panels

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 11-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
TheMiddleMan

XJ Insulated Body Panels

My XJ is loud....
So was yours...
You did something about it....
I want to....

What kind of insulation did you use to avoid water absorbsion or rot.

If you have pics, please share as I would like a bit more of a barrier for winter if it actually makes a difference.

Thanks!

P.S. Doesn't have to be just xj's, if you used it in another jeep, I'm all for your ideas

TheMiddleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

You could use dynamat, it really quiets things down. But its a little pricey. There are other alternatives out there, just do some searches on Google for insulating a car
Unread 11-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
piraterig
2004 WJ 

i offbrand dynomatted my roof and doors because it was so cold in side. from a local store it call self adhesive insulation matting and the recovered my roof with camo "duck canvas" its thick.

piraterig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
TheMiddleMan

^^^ I like it.

Aside from the camo covering, is it resonably priced to do the roof with the matting?

Thanks!
Unread 11-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #5
piraterig
2004 WJ 

post is below.

Last edited by piraterig; 11-14-2011 at 03:09 AM.. Reason: double posted
Unread 11-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #6
piraterig
2004 WJ 

i had bout 225 total in the job. i think the mating was like 125 dollars, its a bit high but 1/2 the price of dynomat. i think what he bought for me was hvac duct insulation its the exact same thing as this here on ebay.. the camo was 40 bucks and i use heavy duty fabric glue (stuff was high like 27 dollars a bottle) from the fabric store and a large rolling pin to smooth it out on the (removed) headliner

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADHESIVE-FOI...#ht_1189wt_905
Unread 11-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
TheMiddleMan

That's not bad at all. I like the HVAC padding, thats actually a really good idea. I appreciate the tips.

Thanks!

Tags
foam , sound , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.