XJ 4.5" lift on 33s - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > XJ 4.5" lift on 33s

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #31
Determined2Rise
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I drive a 1996 Cherokee how do you know which transfer case you have and if you'll need the SYE and CV driveshaft?

Determined2Rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 12:26 PM   #32
Determined2Rise
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin ruby View Post
Never even ran a drop so I dont know if it would have vibed. (which it most certinly would have) Did the SYE with the lift. Ive built enough Jeeps over the years to know that a SYE is needed. Im not a big fan of droppin the T-case. Its really just a band-aid. It just dosent make sence to me to spend 2500.00$ on a lift, tires, and wheels and then go cheap on the thing that holds it all together lol!!.
Yeah I called the customer service for my kit and they said with the transfer case drop I don't need the SYE or CV driveshaft. Although I'm sure like you said it would help
Unread 12-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #33
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Rise View Post
Yeah I called the customer service for my kit and they said with the transfer case drop I don't need the SYE or CV driveshaft. Although I'm sure like you said it would help
dont get aa TC drop! it's a band aid fix. get and SYE. why lift your jeep id you're goign to kill your ground clearance by lowered your TC??? makes no sense

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #34
Determined2Rise
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXxXJ View Post
dont get aa TC drop! it's a band aid fix. get and SYE. why lift your jeep id you're goign to kill your ground clearance by lowered your TC??? makes no sense
Yeah band aid is good enough til I have 250 bucks to get one.
Unread 12-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #35
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

so ur goign to spend money and a TC drop, then spend the time to put it in, then spend more money and more time to replace it??? makes no sense

Unread 12-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #36
Determined2Rise
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Do you know what your talking about? It comes with the kit and takes no time to install.

When I get 600 bucks for a tom woods sye and cv driveshaft I'll put it in. For a couple weeks it'll be fine. I talked to them for like an hour just explaining everything and even THEY(the people trying to get me to buy their product) said I don't need the parts but it'll help in the long run which is like a month away

So remain calm. LOL

Last edited by Determined2Rise; 12-16-2008 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: Left out a word
Unread 12-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #37
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Rise View Post
Do you know what your talking about? It comes with the kit and takes no time to install.

When I get 600 bucks for a tom woods sye and cv driveshaft I'll put it in. For a couple weeks it'll be fine. I talked to them for like an hour just explaining everything and even THEY(the people trying to get me to buy their product) said I don't need the parts but it'll help in the long run which is like a month away

So remain calm. LOL
of course THEY told you that, they want your money, duh

Unread 12-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #38
Determined2Rise
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
of course THEY told you that, they want your money, duh
Of course they do but they said I didn't even need it. Said I can hold off on getting it and i'd be fine
Unread 02-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #39
jkdoggett
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Heres mine right after putting on my RE4.5. Had to do some very minor trimming at the bottom of the front wheel well. It rubbed when i turned.

And here it is after I got the BWs on. Plenty of room now

me likey this jeep mine is going to look veeeery similar to the first picture and possibly the second if i can get an extra 500
jkdoggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #40
Paraleyes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
...Im not a big fan of droppin the T-case. Its really just a band-aid. It just dosent make sence to me to spend 2500.00$ on a lift, tires, and wheels and then go cheap on the thing that holds it all together lol!!
Oh, and by the way...Thanks for posting your pictures.
I'm ordering my Rusty's 4.5" tomorrow. This payday, I finally have enough to add all their skids in with one order. Can't wait!

Quote:
Rusty's Offroad 1" Drop Crossmember is stronger than stock and has no loss of ground clearance from the original with the drop built into the crossmember itself. It goes on sale periodically for $99

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Rusty's website
The Rusty's Crossmember is a direct replacement for those that have been beat and banged on rocks and stumps. Made of 3/16 steel, pre-drilled for easier installation of our engine - trans skid and our TC skid. It is also available with a 1 inch drop model for better driveline angles without loosing any ground clearance. If used in conjunction with our engine skid plate, new holes will need to be drilled. There is no change on the catalytic converter attachment and we actually recommend cutting that off. Black powder coated for durability.
Paraleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #41
xjfan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

More pics please..

1999 XJ Sport, Black on Black, 4.0L

Follow build-up Cardomain XJfan Build Up
xjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #42
NiCk-
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bump for more pics?

RC 4.5" with ADJ. Trac Bar
33" BFG All Terrains on Cragar Soft 8's
NiCk- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 04:11 AM   #43
Paraleyes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCk- View Post
Bump for more pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjfan View Post
More pics please..
Just as soon as I get around to installing the lift.
Paraleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #44
jeepin ruby
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Well, I can post a few more of mine...

My build...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-01-xj-784959/
jeepin ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #45
hvaclu3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

34x9.5 Superswamper TSL's
35 inch Mudkings, Reese Hitch with D-ring
hvaclu3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.