XJ 4.5" lift on 33s - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > XJ 4.5" lift on 33s

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #16
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined2Rise View Post
Also jeepin ruby! Are those 33s in the first pic? Or are they smaller cause you changed tires after the BS flares and wanted to make sure the ones in the first pic are 33s too
this is why i dont want bushwhackers, they make 33's look sooo small

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:33 AM   #17
mudbath81
Creek Crawler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I got the 4.5" lift and getting 33s in the mail. Hoping they will fit without trimming until I get the fender flares in a month. HELP!
they will fit without trimming until its time to off-road then you will have some rubbing problems. i have a 4.5 rough country lift with 2 inch blocks and spacers with 33x13.50 and i still had to trim my fenders.
2 INCH COIL SPACERS
2 INCH BLOCKS
33X13.50 SUPER SWAMPER LTB
15X10 BLACK STEELS
FRONT FENDERS TRIMMED 7 INCHES
REAR FENDERS ROLLED 2 INCHES
..,=====,o00o
//__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---\_l__l---[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)___
mudbath81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #18
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbath81 View Post
they will fit without trimming until its time to off-road then you will have some rubbing problems. i have a 4.5 rough country lift with 2 inch blocks and spacers with 33x13.50 and i still had to trim my fenders.
did you bumpstop?

Unread 12-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #19
mudbath81
Creek Crawler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXxXJ View Post
did you bumpstop?

i didnt

2 INCH COIL SPACERS
2 INCH BLOCKS
33X13.50 SUPER SWAMPER LTB
15X10 BLACK STEELS
FRONT FENDERS TRIMMED 7 INCHES
REAR FENDERS ROLLED 2 INCHES
..,=====,o00o
//__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---\_l__l---[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)___
mudbath81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #20
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbath81 View Post
i didnt

that explains why you had to go so high and trim so much then.

Unread 12-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #21
Determined2Rise
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXxXJ View Post
this is why i dont want bushwhackers, they make 33's look sooo small
I don't think it makes them look small so much as people don't choose the right tires. For example those are BFG 33s and don't look to agressive. My bud has pretty much that same set up but with Super Swamper TSL 33s. The tread and tire look makes a huge difference IMO.

Also it might make the tires look smaller BUT that's just more room to flex and if you wanted to you could go to 35s without having to get an even bigger lift
Determined2Rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #22
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I don't think it makes them look small so much as people don't choose the right tires. For example those are BFG 33s and don't look to agressive. My bud has pretty much that same set up but with Super Swamper TSL 33s. The tread and tire look makes a huge difference IMO.

Also it might make the tires look smaller BUT that's just more room to flex and if you wanted to you could go to 35s without having to get an even bigger lift
look at my jeep, i have those same tires, same size. but i'm trimmed and they look wayy better. imho bushwackers only look good with 35's or bigger. regardless of tire choice

Unread 12-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #23
jeepin ruby
2001 XJ Cherokee 

To answer your ?. Yes both are 33s. And I think its the perfect set up for me. If I was never gonna leave the pavement, sure I could fit 35s, but when theres any flex at all your tearin stuff up...

^^That would never happen untrimmed believe me.

And here in PA your not gettin very far with cut fenders and no flares thats for sure. Plus it looks rediculous

My build...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-01-xj-784959/
jeepin ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #24
Determined2Rise
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin ruby View Post
To answer your ?. Yes both are 33s. And I think its the perfect set up for me. If I was never gonna leave the pavement, sure I could fit 35s, but when theres any flex at all your tearin stuff up...

^^That would never happen untrimmed believe me.

And here in PA your not gettin very far with cut fenders and no flares thats for sure. Plus it looks rediculous
That pic is exactly why I wanted the flares with the 33s and not 35s. Gotta have room to flex. Gonna be off roadinh a good bit.

Jeepin Ruby did you HAVE TO HAVE the SYE and the CV driveshaft? Like wad there alot of vibration or did you just get it as an upgrade?
Unread 12-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #25
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
cut fenders and no flares it looks rediculous
And some will say the same about the flares.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 05:38 PM   #26
mud-dog27

it all depends on the lift kit....im runnin a RC 4.5" w/ full packs and 32s no trimming and i get no body contact and i could probly fit 33s in there with mininmal trimming only thing my tires touch are LCA at full turn
not the best pic but theres still plenty of room for 33s in there
89 wagoneer LTD. , 32x11.5R15 wild country RVT, 15x8 AR baja rims , surco safari roofrack w/spare tire kit , cobra 19 DXIII w/ high gear mic. 4' whip on a 3" heavy-duty spring , 4.5" rough country full leaf pack lift kit
My Jeep's Page
mud-dog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #27
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Plus it looks rediculous
done right it doesnt look rediculous. i happen to like the bushwhacker look. but only with 35's or bigger. my only gripe with bushwhackers is that they are not pocket flares like the tj's. all they do is keep water from splashing. if thay allowed you to tuck up inside the flare now that would be pretty sweet, but they dont

Unread 12-16-2008, 04:31 AM   #28
jeepin ruby
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Jeepin Ruby did you HAVE TO HAVE the SYE and the CV driveshaft? Like wad there alot of vibration or did you just get it as an upgrade?

Never even ran a drop so I dont know if it would have vibed. (which it most certinly would have) Did the SYE with the lift. Ive built enough Jeeps over the years to know that a SYE is needed. Im not a big fan of droppin the T-case. Its really just a band-aid. It just dosent make sence to me to spend 2500.00$ on a lift, tires, and wheels and then go cheap on the thing that holds it all together lol!!

But much like the fenders, thats just my opinion. Im sure there are guys out there that will say they;ve been runnin a drop for years with no problems.

My build...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784959
jeepin ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #29
Determined2Rise
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Never even ran a drop so I dont know if it would have vibed. (which it most certinly would have) Did the SYE with the lift. Ive built enough Jeeps over the years to know that a SYE is needed. Im not a big fan of droppin the T-case. Its really just a band-aid. It just dosent make sence to me to spend 2500.00$ on a lift, tires, and wheels and then go cheap on the thing that holds it all together lol!!
But don't you have to get a CV driveshaft with the SYE or no?
Unread 12-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #30
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
But don't you have to get a CV driveshaft with the SYE or no?
i'm running a front shaft with my SYE i have the np242 case. it's a bit longer than a np231.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.