XJ with 3 inch lift on 33's - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > XJ with 3 inch lift on 33's

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 02-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #31
hvaclu3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeologistFelix View Post
Man, that makes my jeep look like an old volvo by comparison, on my 30s. Is that a two-door?
yup its a two door. it is now a chopped two door with 35 inch baja claws.
here it is at 2 inches budget boost

here at 4.5 inches 4.5 inch leafs 2 inch shackles 5 inch coils. Rustys Steering

34x9.5 Superswamper TSL's
35 inch Mudkings, Reese Hitch with D-ring
hvaclu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #32
Cherokee-at-16
2000 XJ Cherokee 

hvacul3..What part of maine are you from?....looks nice there i love Maine.
Cherokee-at-16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #33
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

to all those hating on low COG the topic has been covered, read this thread, and be put to rest

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/l...thread-436513/

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #34
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumNiner View Post
Yea however big tires dont do much for you when your belly is still only 2-3" taller than stock. Why even bother at that point? I get what your saying LCOG woohoo i dont care. Im not into the tires mashed on, fenders cut to hell, and no ground clearance. Sorry!
okay lemme do some math for you

stock xj height belly height = x inches

stock xj tires = 29 inches

3 inch lift + 33 inch tires = (x+3) + (33-29)/2 = 3 + 2 = 5 Inches of net belly lift.

add a high clearance belly skid to gain another inch nets you 6 inches clearance over stock.

sooo yea i rest my case

Unread 02-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #35
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sooooo yea how about this math. Your little tiny 5"-6" vs my 6.5" of lift plus 5" from larger tires, then optional skid giving ah yes another 1" According to your math thats 6" for you, 11.5" for me. I REST MY CASE!
you have 33's you have 2" larger tires (radius not diamater) and you dont have that skid, sooo lets drop you down 8"

you're goign to win this

height has zeor to do with offroad ability. quick hijacking this guy's thread. he asked for pictures on and XJ with 3" lift and 33's if you can contribute and are just going to start arguements, leave the thread alone.

you have some **** to learn, mostly about not being a hot-headed ******* and learn to accept that people do things differently from you.

later

Unread 02-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #36
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

here's some pictures

2" OME on 33 x 12.5" copp STT's

2" on 33 x 10.5" with 2 inch spacers

Unread 02-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #37
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

any chance we can stick to the thread fellas? platinum it may not be for you, but that is what the op wants to see. imo 4.5 and 33s is one of the best setups. not a whole lot if really any trimming required. i have 4.5 inch rustys coils, 2 inch springs, and 2 inch blocks with RE adj superflex uppers and lowers and a RE trackbar. i have zero rub at full flex and at full lock. my jeep flexs really good. btw i run no sway bars and a dd it
jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #38
CalebXJ123
1980 CJ5 

i'm looking for the same thing...if i keep my jeep i am doing soem trimming and putting some 33's..that is my max though..who has a proper write up on how to trim correctly for this?
Unread 02-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #39
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

OP heres my jeep, 3 inches of lift with 33s, and a ford 8.8, just like u want to do:

heres on flexing, not full flex though

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #40
Prosonic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
here's some pictures

2" OME on 33 x 12.5" copp STT's

I'll be the first to admit, I had almost no uptravel there. However, it was temporary, and I am now at 3.5"-4" of lift.

I'm quite happy with the way it's setup now. I currently have 4" to 5" of up travel (depending on how hard I hit my bumps) and have yet to put a tire into my fender.
Right now my shocks are the limiting factor in my setup. They don't have nearly enough travel.
Come spring I'm hoping to get long travel OMEs so, I should have around 4-5 up travel and about 6" of down travel.
Not too bad for just a hair over 3" of lift and 33s.
Unread 02-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #41
nwfjarhead
2000 XJ Cherokee 

you're only high as your lowest point.
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #42
GeologistFelix
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxcjohnny View Post
you retard, ground clearance comes from bigger tires, not the lift. your diff's will be the same distance from the ground with 33's and 3 inches as it will with 33's and 6.5 inches.
While I'm all for LCOG jeeps, I don't think it's quite that simple.

On really deeply rutted trails, in deep mud, and in deep snow, the clearance under the diffs/axle tubes is definitely the most important factor. If you get high-centered on both axles, it doesn't matter how high the jeep is sitting above your stuck axles.

But, for going up ledges, big rocks, etc., the clearance under the body between the two axles is going to be the most important factor.

So, really, it depends on the kind of wheeling you're doing, as far as I'm concerned. You really need the big tires and the big lift to do it all well. Of course, your jeep will be a rolling deathtrap on the highway unless you've got a ridiculously wide stance, and heavily upgraded brakes and steering. Either way, you're spending a crap-ton of money that could have been spent on gas to go on more wheeling trips in your cheap jeep, and maybe a winch to get it unstuck.
GeologistFelix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #43
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
LOL looks like dog ****. Hey lets make our jeeps squat over the tires. Yes the 3'-4" of fender clearance looks great leme tell ya. To each his own but id NEVER do something like that to my jeep. And yes i did challenge you and yes i did call you a tool. What no one challenges you? Your the man? HA!
You're failing. There is NO right way to jeep.

No one cares about what you do to your jeep, especially if you act like that.

And I can vouch for the body vs. axle clearance argument.

I'm on nearly 4 inches, and 31's, I never hit the body, but I hit the axles all the time. 33's on 3-4 inches would be great, but Im not a fan of massive tires on stock gears.

Big tires>big lift
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #44
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Thread cleaned up. Stay on topic and stop trash talking.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #45
bostonjeeper
1997 XJ Cherokee 

haha thanks everyone for the pictures it helped a lot. im definetly going to do this now i just wanted to go a little bigger than my 31s. and thanks rusty for cleaning it up!!
bostonjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.