XJ with 3 inch lift on 33's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > XJ with 3 inch lift on 33's

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 02-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
bostonjeeper
1997 XJ Cherokee 

XJ with 3 inch lift on 33's

I have a 97 xj with 31's on 17 inch rims right now and i want to cut the front fenders, trim and fold the rears then put on some bushwackers. I am going to regear and upgrade to a ford 8.8 in the rear so I am going to put 33's on just want to see how it looks.

Thanks guys

bostonjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

Good luck lol. 3" is not enough for a 33 not even with trimming. You will have serious rubbing problems.
PlatinumNiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
driftjunke24
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Thats funny. Last summer I ran 32/11.50 Mud Kings with 0" of lift and only rubbed at full lock on the lower control arms.

It takes alot of trimming and no disconnects. I think I could do 35's with a 3" lift. My only issue is width on stock wheels.
driftjunke24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
bigbike
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumNiner View Post
Good luck lol. 3" is not enough for a 33 not even with trimming. You will have serious rubbing problems.
ORLY??? Have you had this setup?? I ran this setup and had 0 issue. Pics because, well it happened. Remember lift does not equal tire fittage, trimming and bumpstoping does. Im at 3.5-4 inchs of lift right now and I plan on putting 35s under it and adding bumpstops.

bigbike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

How do i add pictures? Ill show you the right way to do it. Not the hey lets hack our jeeps to hell and make them look like crap way of doing it. It's called 6.5" of lift and hey it will actually flex!
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
bigbike
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Thats only trimmed to where the stock flairs mount in the front and to the pinch seem in the rear, aka not hacked up. As for the flex part, flex is not about up travel its about down travel. I have a way lower COG than you thus being more stable on off cambers and what not while still flexing out just as well as you.
Low cog suspension setup, tips/tricks - SiSOffRoad Forums
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

Up travel is a big part of flex. Down travel only gets you so far. How do i post pictures? How long do you think your stock control arms will last under the load of a 33" Not to mention how much they limit flex. You could never out flex another XJ with 6.5" of lift. I run NO bump stops and at full flex ( point where i pull a tire off the ground ) i still dont rub. Thats with no rear trimming at all. I used rear YJ flares up front and opened up the front fenders. Ah and thats all with no swaybars.
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #8
bigbike
1995 XJ Cherokee 

You are all talk, You have a stock ZJ. As for my control arms, they arent stock, they are custom made "superflex" and adjustable. I dont have bump stops either, and my 33 dont limit my flex at all. Up travel doesnt keep your tires on the ground, down travel does buddy.
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #9
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

Yes i drive a stock ZJ 5.9 as my DD but i do have other toys =) For the 3rd time, how do i post pix in the thread? BTW believe me im not all talk lol. If your a part of SIS we know some of the same people. My control arms came out of a green XJ one of your guys retired a year or two ago and a buddy of mine here on LI who's friend with him bought to strip. I believe it had horns on the grill? Totally beat to hell not much worth a cent left on it. I think other than the D44 rear, front coils, track bar, and control arms, it was done for.
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
bigbike
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Photobucket.
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

Dont have photobucket. Thats the only way? Im on a bunch of other forums and all allow direct picture insertion. That sux.
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #12
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yes i drive a stock ZJ 5.9 as my DD but i do have other toys =) For the 3rd time, how do i post pix in the thread? BTW believe me im not all talk lol. If your a part of SIS we know some of the same people. My control arms came out of a green XJ one of your guys retired a year or two ago and a buddy of mine here on LI who's friend with him bought to strip. I believe it had horns on the grill? Totally beat to hell not much worth a cent left on it. I think other than the D44 rear, front coils, track bar, and control arms, it was done for.
Use the url tags in photobucket.

Even if you aren't all talk, your still a jack a.s.s. There is no proper way to Jeep. If they don't want that much lift, maybe they have a reason, maybe not. Maybe its money. Lower COG?

I don't doubt you have other stuff, and maybe know what your talking about when it comes to spring lifts and tire fittage while still maintaining a stock looking vehicle. Doesnt mean you know what you're talking about.

Let him do it as he wants, and stop trying to show people up. We really DGAF. Urban dictionary that one.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #13
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Dont have photobucket. Thats the only way? Im on a bunch of other forums and all allow direct picture insertion. That sux.
use imageshack.us

No need for an acct. there.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #14
nwfjarhead
1998 ZJ 

heres a friend of mines xj.33's and 3in add a leaf total lift is 3inches. No rubbing and plenty of up and down travel.
Unread 02-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #15
7urtle
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Yawn. Ok im tired of waiting for an e-mail address. Ill check back tomorrow. Good night everyone!
send me a pm an ill post
[URL="[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wanted-xj-875786/#post10031031[/url]"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wanted-xj-875786/#post10031031[/url][/URL] -[FONT="Arial Black"][B][I][U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]1UMF[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/FONT] a really slow build. bruised and never left the street
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]WTB: rear bumper/tire carrier,31" tires,armor[/COLOR]
7urtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.