The worst you've ever been stuck - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > The worst you've ever been stuck

Save 17.76% for the 4th of july with ruffstuff specialtiesJuly 4th Sale Event! and Yes, We're Open!Metalcloak: Celebrate Freedom with Free Shipping

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
WhiteChoc0late
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The worst you've ever been stuck

Everyone gets stuck sometimes. Whats the worst youve been?

WhiteChoc0late is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
Juno7
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Bald winter tires, no lift, nothing at all, no tools, high centered in the middle of a trickle creek with a pissed off girlfriend.

Some hicks took photos and tugged me out.

edit: ex-girlfriend

Last edited by Juno7; 06-03-2009 at 10:49 PM..
Juno7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
GodsRollerskate
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I was on 33's and a 4" lift, and look how short my jeep is! Took 2 hours, 2 jeeps pulling with a 8000 lb winch to get out, I actually ran out of gas trying to get out. haha Sorry for the bad pic the sun was going down. Incase you didn't notice.
GodsRollerskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
breckboarder55
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Two Identical holes... One is 2 feet deep, one is well lets just say I chose the wrong hole...

Bone stock with bald 31" A/Ts

Cost me my transmission...
87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II-Built.
87 Mazda RX-7 SE-Burn Victim
01 Honda S2000DD
breckboarder55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 10-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
Alexr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

looks like a statue in that fourth one
Alexr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #7
adam728
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would have to say mine looked exactly like breckboarder55's pic, same color Jeep and everything.

Late night wheeling, 1 rig, myself, girlfriend at that time, my sister, and her boyfriend, in my dad's Jeep (yikes!). About 7 miles from town, 2 miles or so down the gas line. No cell service (my gf was the only one with a cell phone at that time). So we had to walk thu nut-deep water and start hoofing it towards civilization. Did I mention that it was just a few degrees above freezing?

After about a mile we got signal and called a friend at the bar. We started a camp fire and tried to thaw our soaked shoes/socks/pants in the mean time. He'd never driven off road and had a 3-week old Superduty. There was lots of water on the way out, but nothing more than knee deep, and all with a solid bottom. 3 hours later (around 3 am) we get a call, he's getting the work truck, somethings wrong with the SD.

That "something" was him taking the first water hole wide open with lots of momentum. Come daylight we'd find a pair of rods removed themselves from inside his 5.4L. By now we made it to the road, another friend came and picked up the girls, and the rest of us figured out how to get the SD out, then bomb back in a F150 to the Jeep.

In the end I got home around 9 am, and spent the rest of the day cleaning out everything in the Jeep. I was so tired by the time we got out that it never crossed my mine to open the drain plugs. It was interesting driving down the road with ankle deep water sloshing all around the Jeep.

This all happened probably 7 years ago, I still hear about the miserable night from those involved.
Sienna Jeep Club - Member #8
Plans and pics, put an 8" sub in your TJ center console
adam728 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #8
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

only two real stucks to date, and a third one only cause of a broken front CV adn drowing it out.

first one, drown it out/ only 2wd
this lead to

this

and two weeks ago, let my buddies wife drive

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam728 View Post
I would have to say mine looked exactly like breckboarder55's pic, same color Jeep and everything.

Late night wheeling, 1 rig, myself, girlfriend at that time, my sister, and her boyfriend, in my dad's Jeep (yikes!). About 7 miles from town, 2 miles or so down the gas line. No cell service (my gf was the only one with a cell phone at that time). So we had to walk thu nut-deep water and start hoofing it towards civilization. Did I mention that it was just a few degrees above freezing?

After about a mile we got signal and called a friend at the bar. We started a camp fire and tried to thaw our soaked shoes/socks/pants in the mean time. He'd never driven off road and had a 3-week old Superduty. There was lots of water on the way out, but nothing more than knee deep, and all with a solid bottom. 3 hours later (around 3 am) we get a call, he's getting the work truck, somethings wrong with the SD.

That "something" was him taking the first water hole wide open with lots of momentum. Come daylight we'd find a pair of rods removed themselves from inside his 5.4L. By now we made it to the road, another friend came and picked up the girls, and the rest of us figured out how to get the SD out, then bomb back in a F150 to the Jeep.

In the end I got home around 9 am, and spent the rest of the day cleaning out everything in the Jeep. I was so tired by the time we got out that it never crossed my mine to open the drain plugs. It was interesting driving down the road with ankle deep water sloshing all around the Jeep.

This all happened probably 7 years ago, I still hear about the miserable night from those involved.
Dude.... EPIC
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #10
Bones741
2015 JK Wrangler 

Mine is pitiful beacause my jeep still was and still is completey stock with bald tires on it that look like slicks. I was at the local steel yard and the yard was covered in a sheet of ice, i got back there but i couldn't get back out , even in 4 wheel all it did was spin, luckily my dad was home and came and pulled me out with the Super duty.
Unread 10-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #11
Chester405
2000 TJ Wrangler 

stuck in the driveway for over 6 months while i still had my permit haha.

thankfully i have not gotten stuck yet, but its bound to happen.
Chester405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #12
MCDavis
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by underpowered View Post
and two weeks ago, let my buddies wife drive
What is that on top of your Jeep, behind the sunroof?
MCDavis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #13
yellojeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam728 View Post

Dude, I'm freakin rolling!!! I have some good stories but none that will hold a candle to that one.

NRA Life Member
yellojeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #14
thich
1982 CJ7 

i think that is the sunroof.
Unread 10-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #15
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

why does she have a hand full of mud or whatever that is

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
provinT13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.