Windshield LED light bar mounts TJ/LJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Windshield LED light bar mounts TJ/LJ

Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 09-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj View Post
Hands down best brackets are from MotoBilt, which is what I am running in place of the PSC mounts I was originally running. The PSC mounts don't stack up, but with that said, I would be happy to sell them to ya!
What was "wrong" with the PSC brackets?

Unread 10-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #17
Speed911
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Bump for more, and wiring pics?
Unread 10-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #18
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

PSC mounts with a Totron bar

Unread 10-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #19
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
PSC mounts with a Totron bar
nice!!
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #20
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What was "wrong" with the PSC brackets?
I believe the Motobilt ones actually have spacers behind the brackets to not only provide rigidity and protection for the windshield frame, but also to allow for the wiring to be run down without being pinched. At least that is what I've heard.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #21
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed911 View Post
Bump for more, and wiring pics?
I don't have any wiring pics right now, but I ran the wiring under the bracket (driver side), through the cowl, zip tied across the engine bay wrapped in wire conduit, relay bolted into the underside of the hood where the old engine bay light that I never used, used to be, and the wire ends directly to the battery. I ran the button for it through a hole in the fire wall on the driver side and stuck it on the underside of the steering column to keep it "hidden". Hope this helps.
Unread 03-30-2014, 11:37 PM   #22
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What do you guys do for crap building up behind these styles mounts? I'd think salt and leaves etc would build up there big time?! That's the one big thing preventing me from buying a bar (well and I'm not sold on the longevity of led drivers.)

I'd love to see a set like the old Carr ones only mount to the upper part with nutserts or something...
Unread 03-31-2014, 12:13 AM   #23
DorkAlert

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
What do you guys do for crap building up behind these styles mounts? I'd think salt and leaves etc would build up there big time?! That's the one big thing preventing me from buying a bar (well and I'm not sold on the longevity of led drivers.)

I'd love to see a set like the old Carr ones only mount to the upper part with nutserts or something...
Wash your Jeep?
Unread 03-31-2014, 10:04 AM   #24
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The Motobilt brackets only contact the windshield frame where it bolts on. So like Dork mentioned....wash the Jeep.

The PSC mounts come with a rubber gasket deal since they fit flush to the windshield frame.
Unread 03-31-2014, 11:53 AM   #25
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Crap will sit in there. It's like having something behind a rocker cover, but these purposely have a gap in them for the wire...
Unread 03-31-2014, 12:41 PM   #26
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Right. One of the reasons I find the Motobilt brackets to be a better design. The gap allows junk to be washed out.
Unread 03-31-2014, 08:37 PM   #27
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

hmm, k thanks. I wasn't sure how much room there was, it seemed like it would be detrimental to hosing crap out. Good to know it can be done easily.

I'm looking for a light to go play on the land my brother has. It's to hard to see in the evenings. Trying to find what might be best for me. Winters can be brutal up here with the salt etc and I park under trees there so was worried about the crap sitting in it..
Unread 04-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #28
DorkAlert

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't have any wiring pics right now, but I ran the wiring under the bracket (driver side), through the cowl, zip tied across the engine bay wrapped in wire conduit, relay bolted into the underside of the hood where the old engine bay light that I never used, used to be, and the wire ends directly to the battery. I ran the button for it through a hole in the fire wall on the driver side and stuck it on the underside of the steering column to keep it "hidden". Hope this helps.
I am curious how you ran those lines. Your written explanation is great but I would like to see some pic when you get a chance. Thanks.
Unread 04-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #29
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Olympus Offroad 42" Zeus light bar. I am a HUGE fan of it.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #30
dtperk
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
Yes I can, even make it so the amber and clear run on separate switches and strobe etc.. I'm actually considering that for my Single Row 50" which will go above the dual row 50. I've got plenty of plans, just gotta get around to building em.
Out of curiosity.... how many watts does the 50 draw? Aren't they in the 250-300 watt range?
FYI....Just about all LED stuff is [currently] made in China.
(RIP) '82 CJ-7 | AMC 4.2 (.30 Over), T-4 / D300 | D30 Front - LockRight, AMC20 Rear - ARB, Moser Axles / 4.10s | York Air Setup - 2.5 Gal Reserve, QD's Frt/Rr | 2.5" SUA, 1.5" Shackle & .75" Body | 4WDH Glass Tub, Fenders & Hood | Stainless all the way around | 33" BFG MTs
dtperk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.