Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WILLYS PICs

451K views 1K replies 216 participants last post by  SKT 
#1 ·
Well we did this way bak so for all thhe new guys post up what started it all.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
That's a snazzy lookin' flattie!

I'm afraid mine's not much to look at right now, but here's some of it.
The front axle and transmission are pretty much done, the t-case needs the seals put in, and I haven't touched th rear axle, master cylinder, or steering. After that I'll get the motor back together and start trying to piece the body back together.

Right now the plan is to stay fairly close to stock.

#6 ·
Thanks. The frame is in really nice shape and all the gearboxes were full of water, but they cleaned up nicely. I'm a little worried about going after the rear brakes and bearings, though.

I have my fingers crossed... Maybe it'll be easy to get apart. (Positive waves, man...)

#11 ·
Thanks. The frame is in really nice shape and all the gearboxes were full of water, but they cleaned up nicely. I'm a little worried about going after the rear brakes and bearings, though.

I have my fingers crossed... Maybe it'll be easy to get apart. (Positive waves, man...)
Convert it to disc. I did mine for ls than $ 200 front and rear.

#9 ·
mine isn't much to look at yet eather. so far the axles are done, trans tf and twin sticks are done. body tub is 99% done still needs a little sanding and rhino lining. the frame was done but now i'm adding yj springs to it. if you click on the links in my signiture below there are mover vids and pics. here are some newer photos.

#15 ·
My friends (the two pictured) and I restored 2 1948 CJ2A's this past spring and summer. The one in the pictures has a built Dauntless Buick V6, T90, and Dana 18. The other 2A that we rebuilt is red and runs on the factory 4 cylinder flat-head, T90, and Dana 18. After the restorations they drove the jeeps to Moab and back. We live outside of D.C.

Here's a link to the website they set up to document the restorations and the trip out West http://willystrip.wordpress.com/

#20 ·
My friends (the two pictured) and I restored 2 1948 CJ2A's this past spring and summer. The one in the pictures has a built Dauntless Buick V6, T90, and Dana 18. The other 2A that we rebuilt is red and runs on the factory 4 cylinder flat-head, T90, and Dana 18. After the restorations they drove the jeeps to Moab and back. We live outside of D.C.

Here's a link to the website they set up to document the restorations and the trip out West http://willystrip.wordpress.com/
i was watching the vid updates on youtube as thet drove out there. i wish i had the time and money to do something like that. i havent seen anything more about the 2 jeeps since they came back. it would be nice to see some litle off road vids now that it's getting warm again. the vid of them in moab just wasnt enough.:cheers2:

#17 ·

#19 ·
Thanks man. Yea it was my dad's pride and joy. Since he passed away i have taken it over, im just glad my mom didnt sell it like she was thinking. If she wants a jeep to sell ill prob give her my tj and then keep the willys

#29 ·
My old CJ3A w/ Buick V6, T90, D18 TC w/ Warn Overdrive, 5:38's, Rancho 2 1/2" lift & 32's...

#32 ·
Nope, SoCal here with the exception of a few years at Fresno State...