Where are your speakers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Where are your speakers?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Hey Guys - Extreme Terrain Jeep Outfitters - ExtremeTerraiThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-07-2015, 04:06 AM   #1
Bigev

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Where are your speakers?

It's looking for better idea speaker location. I'm a little to tall for the rollbar speaker that I have and I need some ideas.

Unread 04-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #2
vetteonr
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My YJ came with this in the back seat. I took the seat out and bungee'd it to the wheel well. It's worked well so far.

Unread 04-14-2015, 03:09 PM   #3
thirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

^Just bungeed down??? I guess you don't off road? And that could be stolen so easily.

OP, why not flip the speakers to the backside of the cage?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thirdeyes-second-tj-1816002/
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
Bigev

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye
^Just bungeed down??? I guess you don't off road? And that could be stolen so easily. OP, why not flip the speakers to the backside of the cage?
It's kind of preemptive but with the roll cage going in the from section the back is still going to stay "sport" style as I have no backseat, just a tuffy full width lockbox and a spare on top of that.
Unread 04-15-2015, 04:59 PM   #5
vetteonr
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
^Just bungeed down??? I guess you don't off road? And that could be stolen so easily.

OP, why not flip the speakers to the backside of the cage?
It's attached better than that now. I do go off road occasionally and have never had a problem. I'm actually designing and building a jeep trunk enclosure that will incorporate a speaker mount. Pics to follow when finished. And after 3 years it hasn't been stolen yet.

Unread 04-17-2015, 04:34 AM   #6
Tylers88
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
no offense to the owner of the speakers but they don't look like anything worth stealing, they aren't worth much new and even less when they're hot
Unread 04-17-2015, 01:08 PM   #7
MikeS1605
1995 YJ Wrangler 

my buddy is a sheet metal worker. he is making me a box for under the radio in between the front seats that will hold 2 6x9s then I will have 2 6x9s in the back in VDP wedges in between the wheel well and roll bar.
MikeS1605 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2015, 03:37 PM   #8
vetteonr
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylers88 View Post
no offense to the owner of the speakers but they don't look like anything worth stealing, they aren't worth much new and even less when they're hot
No offense taken. They're about $30 brand new. They sound pretty good and can handle 200 watts which is perfect for top down driving. I wouldn't put them in my vette or the wife's accord, but they are perfect for my jeep.
Unread 04-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #9
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.