Whats your man cave look like? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Whats your man cave look like?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 01-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #31
littleestrada64
1997 TJ Wrangler 

little background info
4-tv's
2-projectors one with a 100" and the other is 135" maybe bigger homemade
and oh yeah i have the 360 hooked up to that for MW2

Unread 01-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #32
MJOHRLING
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevings View Post
i've got 2 man caves....the first, my garage. the second, my hometheater room....

I think it's funny the washer and drier are in ur "man cave"!!!
MJOHRLING is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #33
98GooseXJ14
1997 XJ Cherokee 

In my defense Im 20.. but this is my room which is partially slopped as a cave hah

TV area.. I need a new tv, Im thinking 40' or larger, I have the surround sound with the big boxes that work great. rebuilt the speakers.

My Computer desk area..

And the best part about it is I get to look out at this..
98GooseXJ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #34
thakoolaidkid
1994 XJ Cherokee 

...god, I need to buy a house.
Oct 2010 Moab Trip: [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/need-advice-first-moab-trip-1093854/index3.html#post10341304"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/need-advice-first-moab-trip-1093854/index3.html#post10341304[/URL]
thakoolaidkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #35
KJFactor
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
kjfactor,

i can't give you my check for month because the bank i gotta send a mortgage payment to each month might not like that very much. and with this economy, my checks arent what they use to be!

still though, if you ever find yourself in southern california, id be glad to have a beer with ya, and invite you and your wife / girlfriend over to my place to watch a movie with me and my fiance.

( friends of mine and i try and get together at least 1x every 2 weeks or so, for dinner / movie night )

p.s - op, great idea for a thread! i love checking out peoples spaces.
Awesome Projector. I'd bet that sucker produces a perfect quality image. In the end your man cave is dubbed worthy to truly called a man cave.
KJFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #36
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

My area will be above the garage... As soon as we build it.

For now, I get part of our office space to store my computer equipment.
Unread 01-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #37
AustinTexasXJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

man those are all some badass man caves!

oh how clean they all are too haha

>Blue Lucy 97 TJ< Sold.
>STACY 99 WJ<Sold.
>800 Dollar XJ build.< Check it out.
>1997 BMW 318ti< my 35mpg DD

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Xbox live Gamer Tag : BMW Alive 01XJ
Former Nightcrew member #266(RIP 01/28/09 - 07/22/09) www.nightcrew.org
JFI member #2

>>>>>CHECK OUT Www.illuminationleds.bigcartell.com<<<<<
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #38
panzer

kevings.... wow.... i thought i had a bunch of dvds.... i have a bookcase and a half but you over double me... nicely done. awesome setup... i really like the painting on the walls too..... the ones behind the couch.
panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #39
kevings

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer View Post
kevings.... wow.... i thought i had a bunch of dvds.... i have a bookcase and a half but you over double me... nicely done. awesome setup... i really like the painting on the walls too..... the ones behind the couch.
panzer, hi. i've been buying dvd's since college. and i guess over time they just kind of added up. the bad part of having all those movies is that they gotta be organized, or it can get a little time consuming to find a specific movie. i do my best to keep them alphabetized, but it's a chore i hate also, im not sure if you can see it in the picture i posted, but in the corner is a custom built sub designed around an 18 inch driver. it will play back a 20hertz test tone, at nearly 140db, measured from 1 meter away, and pressurize the entire first floor of my house, in what feels like approx 1 second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJFactor View Post
Awesome Projector. I'd bet that sucker produces a perfect quality image. In the end your man cave is dubbed worthy to truly called a man cave.
thx, kjfactor! the projector is a infocus 777 ( 3 chip dlp ). i do have to agree with you about the image quality what blows my mind though is that today you can buy a projector that will give you a stunning image, be 1o80p capable and come with multiple hdmi inputs for about 2.5 to 3k. this performace 2-3 years ago would have been approx 10k or higher.

im actually gonna be moving to ohio in august. ill be buying a home there and one of the things im looking forward to the most is a finished basement where i can set up a fulll blown, dedicated, high performance, media room ( in california basements are a rarity )
kevings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 01:38 AM   #40
AustinTexasXJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

bump bump .

>Blue Lucy 97 TJ< Sold.
>STACY 99 WJ<Sold.
>800 Dollar XJ build.< Check it out.
>1997 BMW 318ti< my 35mpg DD

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Xbox live Gamer Tag : BMW Alive 01XJ
Former Nightcrew member #266(RIP 01/28/09 - 07/22/09) www.nightcrew.org
JFI member #2

>>>>>CHECK OUT Www.illuminationleds.bigcartell.com<<<<<
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 01:45 AM   #41
Morpheus
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Im straight.....no "mancave" here! hahahahaha
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #42
vtx531
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

that pic was taken, when i just finished the garage. the floor is a lot dirtier these days, but after a good cleaning, it still shines up really good.

for anyone interested in the floor, here ya go.....

ucoatit.com

cost was about 500 for the whole garage
I love your garage floor! How is it holding up? It seems like black would show a lot of saltwater runoff from the vehicles here in Michigan though so it might not be for me.

I'm buying my first house on Monday. I can't wait!! My Jeep will have it's own place to live finally. My first project will be to insulate and finish off the garage. Here is what I have to work with:

Also, the basement is a nice blank canvas for a mancave.

MY JEEP
vtx531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #43
vtx531
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleestrada64 View Post
That looks pretty good for just being a couple of cheap black bookshelves. Right?

MY JEEP
vtx531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #44
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Sorry..I'm dyslexic...
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #45
kevings

1994 YJ Wrangler 

vtx531,

hi. first off, congrats on your first house! i remember the feeling of buying my first place, and it was pretty d*mn good!

i put the floor in about 4-5 years ago, and it has actually held up very well. at one time or another i have had just about every automotive fluid out there on the floor and no damage was done. on the ohter hand, if something very heavy is dragged accross the floor it will scratch the clear top coat. it's very easy to just re - clear the floor though, and the scrach gets filled in.

your garage, looks just like mine did when i started working on mine....exposed studs and bare concrete. you have gota great starting point there!

you make a good point about the salt run off. here in ca, i dont deal with that, but i would guess that it wouldnt affect the floor, except for maybe comsmetically. epoxy flooring comes in tons of colors, so perhaps a lighter color might be better for you. also, you have the option of not doing the super glossy topcoat. this would bring the cost down to about 300 or so for a 2 car garage, and also perhaps not show the salt as much.

if you have any questions about the floor you'd like to discuss over pm, feel free to email me. i have helped 4 friends install similar floors in their garages, so i feel like i have a decent amount of experience with it.

and again, CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW PLACE!

Last edited by kevings; 01-06-2010 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: addition
kevings is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.