what aftermarket wheels with patriot blue? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > what aftermarket wheels with patriot blue?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
orangez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

what aftermarket wheels with patriot blue?

i always thought i would have a silver TJ with black wheels now it looks like i MIGHT be getting a patriot blue one. I was wondering what aftermarket wheels looked good with that color. I really like the DC-1's. but post pics of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonethelunkerl View Post
now all i need to do is learn how to work on my own stuff, that is prolly 5-10 years down the road though
orangez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
tmwoodall
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It really depend on what kind of panties you are wearing. JK I have blue with black soft 8's cheap functional and jeepish.
tmwoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
supaasianpdjr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have Cragars Soft 8 Black Steelie 15x10.

supaasianpdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
BlueJ

x3 on the Soft 8's. Kind of common but not as common as the "d" windows.

Same stuff as most of ya got. =)
BlueJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:09 AM   #5
rob1525
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mickey Thompson Classics
rob1525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:11 AM   #6
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

22" spinners!!!!!
jeeptillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 03:15 AM   #7
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Go with the DC-1's.I did and love them

TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 09:02 AM   #8
M2LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have AR Outlaw IIs...I think brighter wheels look better on darked-colored Jeeps...

Cheers! M2
M2LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #9
orangez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

aaaaaaand the thread is dead. thats why i posted this in the TJ forum, hardly anyone hangs out in pic request forums. thanks to the ones that posted.

Quote:
now all i need to do is learn how to work on my own stuff, that is prolly 5-10 years down the road though
Unread 03-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #10
orangez
2003 TJ Wrangler 

useless bump

Quote:
Unread 03-14-2008, 12:26 AM   #11
JeeperHal
2006 TJ Wrangler 

American Racing MOAB 15 x 8's with 31x10.50x15 tires.

OK, why is the forum changing my IMG link into a website link?
JeeperHal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 01:56 AM   #12
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Black and blue is a classic color clash. I'm sure this makes me sound metrosexual aka metro gay, but anyone who knows how to color coordinate clothing, or interior decor of a home, knows that black and blue do not go together. But most men don't have color matching skills (and shoud let women pick the colors and his clothes).

You (OP) apparently do have some color matching skills because you instinctively sensed (rightly) that black and blue is a color clash.

Your original idea of silver and black was a good one, but not blue and black.

Blue and silver looks great. I had a Patriot Blue XJ with Silver Grizzly wheels that looked fabulous. Dark blue and silver wheels go well together. Likewise polished satin aluminum looks great with blue, if clearcoated or otherwise weatherized and corrosion protected to stay nice.

High polish aluminum wheels, or chrome wheels, also look good and color coordinate with blue, if your into bling, but I personally think some satin polished aluminum or silver painted wheels look the best since they are color coordinated and have the right level of bling, but not to much.

IMO

=====

P.S. - Sorry, but I no longer have pics of my Patriot Blue XJ and I sold it a year ago.

Last edited by CB3; 03-14-2008 at 02:07 AM..
CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 07:32 AM   #13
frankiefire702
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's my old rig with two different style wheels.

Unread 03-14-2008, 07:34 AM   #14
frankiefire702
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
Black and blue is a classic color clash. I'm sure this makes me sound metrosexual aka metro gay, but anyone who knows how to color coordinate clothing, or interior decor of a home, knows that black and blue do not go together. But most men don't have color matching skills (and shoud let women pick the colors and his clothes).

You (OP) apparently do have some color matching skills because you instinctively sensed (rightly) that black and blue is a color clash.

Your original idea of silver and black was a good one, but not blue and black.

Blue and silver looks great. I had a Patriot Blue XJ with Silver Grizzly wheels that looked fabulous. Dark blue and silver wheels go well together. Likewise polished satin aluminum looks great with blue, if clearcoated or otherwise weatherized and corrosion protected to stay nice.

High polish aluminum wheels, or chrome wheels, also look good and color coordinate with blue, if your into bling, but I personally think some satin polished aluminum or silver painted wheels look the best since they are color coordinated and have the right level of bling, but not to much.

IMO

=====

P.S. - Sorry, but I no longer have pics of my Patriot Blue XJ and I sold it a year ago.
I guess my old rig clashed then.
Unread 03-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #15
rob5059MOD

2007 JK Wrangler 

Mine is going to clash. I am having my blue half doors painted flat black so I can use them on both of my Jeeps.

SOLD 06 Wrangler Unlimited Khaki, Congo Cage, D30 w/Aussie & D44 w/ Limited slip and 3.73 gears, 231HD transfer case with 2LOW and JB Conversions SYE with a Tom Woods DS. LIFT: Full Traction 4" Ultimate lift and JKS BL, Brown Dog MML. SKIDS: Jeep Medic TT and Oil Pan, Warn Gas Tank, and Rusty's Steering Box & Radiator. STEERING: ZJ steering, and PCS Steering Box. Running on 35" BF Goodrich Mud Terrains. And to ruin the look, I added Warn 6" flares to keep it legal.
rob5059MOD is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.