WEIRDEST thing you've seen off-roading? WTF kinda ****... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > WEIRDEST thing you've seen off-roading? WTF kinda ****...

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsECGS Labor Day Sale!!New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 03-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #61
jeepwillikers
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Didnt get a picture but about a year ago on a wheeling trip in Wharton state forest our group got stuck behind a Porsche cayenne. The guy was driving like two miles per hour and skirting around the very edge of puddles. Of course we were bored going so slow so we ended up taking turns going through puddles behind him as fast as we could trying to splash as much mud as we could on his shiny new crossover. The best part was that it was a few miles before he could pull over to let us by because the trail was so narrow.

jeepwillikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #62
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwillikers View Post
Didnt get a picture but about a year ago on a wheeling trip in Wharton state forest our group got stuck behind a Porsche cayenne. The guy was driving like two miles per hour and skirting around the very edge of puddles. Of course we were bored going so slow so we ended up taking turns going through puddles behind him as fast as we could trying to splash as much mud as we could on his shiny new crossover. The best part was that it was a few miles before he could pull over to let us by because the trail was so narrow.
Very mature.
Unread 03-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #63
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

There was a place we used to go way in off the road, and in the middle of no where. It was a huge concrete base that always held water, and in the middle was a huge concrete structure that looked like the beginnings of an elevator shaft. Someone said it was the beginnings of a hotel that was abandoned. But seriously, was so random in the middle of no where. At the middle was usually 4-5ft deep or so, sometimes deeper if it had been raining. Will have to see if I have pics, as I do have some around the area as the trail skirted through the water and up a hill behind it.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #64
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG811 View Post
After driving for an hr or so through thick jungle with the track so tight it was leaving pin stripes we came across these bridges, and after another hr or so there was an opening and this building in the middle of nowhere ??
It was spooky as **** !! And didn't feel right.
I looked it up later and a km or two in the middle of the jungle is a ghost town. They relocated that building into that clearing and used it as a weather station for a decade of so ...
Wicked drive though ...
Cool story. Had a friend from Cairns and he and a mate were having problems with wild dogs (dingos? American talking here) taking down sheep from the ranch there. They were using a AK-47 and shooting them from Ultralight glider for some time. On the last trip the shells were ejecting and chipping the prop so much that the carburator shook loose and they went down in a pond kind of thing (again, American re-telling the story) that was full of crocs. They were #3 and #4 to walk on water, only one made it.

I love Aussie stories.

WSS

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #65
xjrguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

xjrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #66
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTownRubi View Post
Here's a few more from another old gold mill called the Golden Crest. Enjoy.
I lived in the Hills for 10 years and never saw any of that! Seriously! Wtf? Haha I've hiked, biked, and geocached the entire flume trail through the Black Hills and never came across those particular mines. I will say, geocaching takes you to some amazing places! Might have to come down with my jeep sometime this summer to do some wheelin!
Unread 03-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #67
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Saw this today. Cow carcass. Looks like someone had a campfire going in it at one point...

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #68
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Well, that's not something you see every day!

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #69
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

I saw this today, i wasn't wheeling but thought it was worth mentioning

Sent from your back seat!
forumrunner_20130325_203613.jpg   forumrunner_20130325_203634.jpg  
zephyr80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #70
TJ-Tera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjrguy View Post
That's cool...and random lol.
Unread 04-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #71
Erikasjgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioyak
I got lots of this stuff - TREY
Tell me you saved the turtle
Erikasjgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #72
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Old stationary steam engine boiler near Fairplay CO

Unread 04-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #73
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwillikers View Post
Too bad he wasn't packing.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #74
Skid1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Definitely some very cool stuff that has been found. So far my vote has to go to the pay phone or airplane.
Skid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #75
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

this is cool more pics!
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.