Want to see rhino lined interior! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Want to see rhino lined interior!

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #1
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Want to see rhino lined interior!

I'm getting my TJ rhino lined on Thursday...I'd like to see some pics of some others who've done the same...mainly because I like how it looks, but also because I want some tips on what bolts were removed after the carpet and seats were removed. Thanks,

Sam

samger2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
NORxjCAL

pm numba1goalie i think his is done.

"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."
NORxjCAL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
Slapahoe
Registered Jerk

1993 YJ Wrangler 

hey, so anyways, though I sent you a PM, though i would just post here too for it. I dont have any pictures of the inside but I have it of the outside. Anyways, I will try and get some pictures for you later.

Unread 10-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #4
connordanny

Sam,
This is Line-x, but the pics should give you an idea of the things that have to come out:

The rear seat brackets gave me a hell of a time - ended up leaving them in and having them sprayed as well:

Jeep II: '01 TJ, RE 4.5 SF, 35" Pro Comp MTs, SYE, Tom Woods CV Driveshaft, A to Z rockers/tire carrier/winch plate, Warn M8000, Skid row eng and gas tank skid, Line-x interior, D44 in the rear, Aussie up front
connordanny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2005, 08:15 AM   #5
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What about all the bolts and loops in the rear where the back seat sits...you just had those coated over?
Unread 10-26-2005, 08:51 AM   #6
BigYellaJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have a CJ-7...care to see its inside? It's got a type of rhinoliner in it.
Red Jeep
1st Jeep: '86 CJ-7 (I miss her)
BigYellaJeep
BigYellaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2005, 09:50 AM   #7
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I'd love to see it...thanks,

Sam
Unread 10-26-2005, 01:20 PM   #8
88eXcellentJeep

I've heard that the interior gets a lot louder (& hotter?) after removing the carpet/insulation and rhino lining..Is this true??

"I break stuff and then I fix it. I'm a Jeeper. It's what I do."
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/597573]This is my daily driver, if I roll it I'm screwed![/URL]
88eXcellentJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #9
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

louder? no. it's like a rubber coating. it should actually deaden some noise. hotter? possibly.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2005, 06:37 PM   #10
connordanny

Sam,

The bolts im my rear seat brackets were a pain to say the least. I got all 4 out about 1/4 of the way and they all stopped moving. I was able to get 3 back down tight and 1 snapped off.

I decided since I couldn't budge the brackets I might as well have them sprayed as well.

All the other bolts came out easily enough.

After it was finished I had to get a pocket knife to cut out some of the liner that got into the threaded holes for the front seats. It was pretty easy to remove.

Jeep II: '01 TJ, RE 4.5 SF, 35" Pro Comp MTs, SYE, Tom Woods CV Driveshaft, A to Z rockers/tire carrier/winch plate, Warn M8000, Skid row eng and gas tank skid, Line-x interior, D44 in the rear, Aussie up front
Unread 10-27-2005, 03:41 PM   #11
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Cool...thanks. I started to attempt to take the rollbar out...I got two of the bolts almost out, on the third, I snapped the snap-on torx bit. I stopped there.

By the way...numba1goalie...I saw a Jeep that looked identical to yours up on an 18 wheeler being shipped somewhere...I saw where you are from...I'm in Ohio...then I realized it's most likely not you.

Sam
Unread 10-27-2005, 03:57 PM   #12
Slapahoe
Registered Jerk

1993 YJ Wrangler 

No sir, that wasnt me. As far as I knew untill just now, I was the only jeep that has been completly Rhinolined. guess I was wrong. but no, it wasnt me, I had mine done.
Unread 10-27-2005, 08:18 PM   #13
connordanny

Sam,

Are you having them spray the roll bars also?

I had the center hoop and rear arms sprayed. I left the bars from the center hoop to the windshield as is so that the soft top hardware would still fit on them.

I didnt bother putting the roll bar pads back on but you could if you wanted.

I like that look of the whole body bedlined. I saw a CJ in York, PA Rhino-lined completely in Maroon and it looked sharp.

Unread 10-28-2005, 08:46 AM   #14
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connordanny
Sam,

Are you having them spray the roll bars also?

I had the center hoop and rear arms sprayed. I left the bars from the center hoop to the windshield as is so that the soft top hardware would still fit on them.

I didnt bother putting the roll bar pads back on but you could if you wanted.

I like that look of the whole body bedlined. I saw a CJ in York, PA Rhino-lined completely in Maroon and it looked sharp.
No, they are just rhino lining up to where the padding attaches on the roll bar. I didn't have a chance to take off the padding and sound bar...and it was early in the morning, and had to get to work.

Sam
Unread 10-28-2005, 08:47 AM   #15
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numba1goalie
No sir, that wasnt me. As far as I knew untill just now, I was the only jeep that has been completly Rhinolined. guess I was wrong. but no, it wasnt me, I had mine done.

I'm telling you...it looked EXACTLY like yours...I almost got out of my truck to get a closer peek...

Sam

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.