Unpainted bumpers, corners, armor etc - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Unpainted bumpers, corners, armor etc

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #1
UnlimitedNico
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Unpainted bumpers, corners, armor etc

Anyone running aluminum or bare steel(clearcoated) armor or bumpers? Might be going that route with some bumpers in the future

UnlimitedNico is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Clearcoated Savvy rear bumper

I'm thinking of clearcoating the Savvy GTS when I order it as well... May not do that though because it will get more scratched that the bumper would. I really like the look though! Works well with the silver TJ.
Unread 07-31-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
3X4X4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I had my Savvy corners on for a week until I got the rockers installed and people kept asking me why half of my Jeep was not painted. So, I pulled them off and had all the parts powder coated black since I have a black Jeep. I suppose if one were to polish the aluminum or buff it with Scotchbrite it might be okay but in the end, I am glad I went with the powder coat.

I think clearcoat alone on steel will be a problem as the lack of a sealing and rust resistant primer underneath would promote rust at every scratch.
2006 TJ Rubicon, Custom 4 inch lift with Currie Arms, TF springs, RS9000 shocks, TF High Steer Kit, TF ST Dual rate anti-rock, TF front track bar, Yellow Box speedo correction, Black Rock 15X10 Streetlock wheels with BFG AT 33X15X12.5 tires, Line-X tub, Bed Rug carpet, Tom Woods shaft, Spidershade, Savvy corner and rocker armor, Exogate.
3X4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.