Tube Doors! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Tube Doors!

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Reply
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #16
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: , RI
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkmzzz
A buddy made these
Those at sick! I think I'm gonna have to buy a tube bender and a welder lol

__________________
It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #17
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville, In
Posts: 211
image-1526124052.jpg

Got the last bar tacked on now to just finish welding and figure out which color scheme I wanna do, oh and the latch when it gets here
ToxicTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #18
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: , RI
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTJ

Got the last bar tacked on now to just finish welding and figure out which color scheme I wanna do, oh and the latch when it gets here
I saw the photoshop and I personally like the black over the green.
__________________
It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville, In
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee
I saw the photoshop and I personally like the black over the green.
I still can't make up my mind lol I wish people would post pics of their color matched tube door
ToxicTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 01:30 AM   #20
FireMedic82
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marianna, Florida
Posts: 691
Have you seen this one??




And a few others that I found. Still think black looks better. Looking at most of these makes me think of gates on a carnival ride








__________________
Throw the photoshoppers a bone and post your executed mods, we would like to see the after pics. Copy and paste the url. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/executed-photoshop-mods-1417032/
FireMedic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #21
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville, In
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic82
Have you seen this one??

Looking at most of these makes me think of gates on a carnival ride
that one is so sick! And maybe I'll put a red line on the door with airbrush that says u must be this tall to ride lol
ToxicTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #22
FireMedic82
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marianna, Florida
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTJ View Post
And maybe I'll put a red line on the door with airbrush that says u must be this tall to ride lol
Yeah there you go! That would be saweet! Lol
__________________
Throw the photoshoppers a bone and post your executed mods, we would like to see the after pics. Copy and paste the url. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/executed-photoshop-mods-1417032/
FireMedic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #23
WSS
Web Wheeler
1972 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chino, Ca
Posts: 2,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTJ View Post
that one is so sick! And maybe I'll put a red line on the door with airbrush that says u must be this tall to ride lol
Thats a cool idea. I am going to skin mine with some thin sheet. I may draw up a dxf of a power ranger with his hand out saying some such nonsense. LOL

I'll post up what I come up with.
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #24
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville, In
Posts: 211
image-3842448756.jpg

Tacked my latches on, had to put a piece of rubber hose over the striker because it was too small for the latch but it opens and shuts like...like... Well like a really easy shutting door should lol
ToxicTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #25
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville, In
Posts: 211
image-2952492420.jpg

Tube doors are done on my end, they fit like a glove and open and shut like they should, took them over to the local Line-X shop this morning, they're gunna do them green first and if I don't like it they will respray them black
ToxicTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #26
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: , RI
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTJ

Tube doors are done on my end, they fit like a glove and open and shut like they should, took them over to the local Line-X shop this morning, they're gunna do them green first and if I don't like it they will respray them black
Those look awesome great job...looks like you just bought them.
__________________
It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #27
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville, In
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee

Those look awesome great job...looks like you just bought them.
Thanks! They turned out better than I thought they would, it was my first attempt at it so I'm surprised at how good they look and perform, only bad thing is I aligned them specifically to my TJ hinges so when my buddy tried to mount them on his, one wouldn't go on all the way and the other was a bear to get on and off, they're smooth as butter on mine though
ToxicTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #28
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: , RI
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTJ

Thanks! They turned out better than I thought they would, it was my first attempt at it so I'm surprised at how good they look and perform, only bad thing is I aligned them specifically to my TJ hinges so when my buddy tried to mount them on his, one wouldn't go on all the way and the other was a bear to get on and off, they're smooth as butter on mine though
Sweet yea they look great!!
__________________
It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:29 AM   #29
bhoch
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lliberty Hill, TX
Posts: 773
Nice job on the tube doors. Your Jeep looks GREAT!
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #30
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville, In
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
Nice job on the tube doors. Your Jeep looks GREAT!
Thanks, I still can't believe only one person posted pics of there tube doors lol I'll get a couple pics later when I pick them up from Line-X
ToxicTJ is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.