Tube Doors! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Tube Doors!

JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
ToxicTJ

Tube Doors!

I'm in the process of making my own Tube doors and would like to see pics of yours whether you made them or bought them, I'll post pics of mine in a couple days, waiting on door hinges

ToxicTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
ToxicTJ

Anybody? No? Ok... lol I had some free time today so I bent some 1 3/8" tubing and came up with this, latches and hinges should be here before the 29th then I'll be able to cut and weld the specific lengths

image-2082813585.jpg
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
Double8racer
1984 CJ7 

what are you bending that with and how thick is the tube side wall? I have been throwing the idea around myself
Double8racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
ToxicTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double8racer
what are you bending that with and how thick is the tube side wall? I have been throwing the idea around myself
Got a pipe bender at work and I'm not sure exactly how thick the wall is but I can get a pic when I go back Tuesday, it's not super thick but it's thick enough, I'd guess 2-3 mm
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
ToxicTJ

I can't believe nobody wants to post pics of their tube doors lol update on mine, I got my hinges and tacked them on, tacked upper and lower bars to each other, still waiting on latches, they sent the wrong ones so I called and returned them like 2 weeks ago and they still haven't sent the correct ones, everytime I call they act like I have no idea what's going on even though I talk to the same D-bag, anyway here's a pic lol

image-2436220262.jpg

The lower bar that curves up next to the body will be cut level with the body when I do the cross bar
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTJ
I can't believe nobody wants to post pics of their tube doors lol update on mine, I got my hinges and tacked them on, tacked upper and lower bars to each other, still waiting on latches, they sent the wrong ones so I called and returned them like 2 weeks ago and they still haven't sent the correct ones, everytime I call they act like I have no idea what's going on even though I talk to the same D-bag, anyway here's a pic lol

The lower bar that curves up next to the body will be cut level with the body when I do the cross bar
That's pretty cool how long it take to make that.?
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
ToxicTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee

That's pretty cool how long it take to make that.?
I've got probably 20 min in bending them, 30 min in aligning and tacking the hinges and another 20 cutting and tacking the bars to each other, it's not finished by any means but it's a lot cheaper than buyin a set lol
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #8
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I've got probably 20 min in bending them, 30 min in aligning and tacking the hinges and another 20 cutting and tacking the bars to each other, it's not finished by any means but it's a lot cheaper than buyin a set lol
Dam wish I knew how to use a welder. Cuz buying them is like $400...screw that I'd rather fall out lol
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #9
ToxicTJ

Exactly which is why I opted to fab my own lol I got $35 in tubing, $25 in latches, $45 in hinges and whatever spare time I have to work on them, I can't make up my mind if I wanna do the traditional black or color match them though
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #10
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Exactly which is why I opted to fab my own lol I got $35 in tubing, $25 in latches, $45 in hinges and whatever spare time I have to work on them, I can't make up my mind if I wanna do the traditional black or color match them though
Idk I kinda think the black would look cool IMO...u should have someone photoshop both colors, and see which one looks better.
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
ToxicTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee

Idk I kinda think the black would look cool IMO...u should have someone photoshop both colors, and see which one looks better.
I'll do that, firemedic has photoshopped a few things for me already, he's probably sick of me haha
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I'll do that, firemedic has photoshopped a few things for me already, he's probably sick of me haha
Haha yea he did a bunch for me too lol
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #13
mrkmzzz
2002 TJ Wrangler 

A buddy made these tube doors for me.
mrkmzzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
mrkmzzz
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Tube doors

A buddy made these
img_0796.jpg  
mrkmzzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #15
ToxicTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkmzzz
A buddy made these
I like the bracing in the middle I might add another to mine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.