Tube Doors! - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 05-23-2013, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville
Posts: 211
Tube Doors!

I'm in the process of making my own Tube doors and would like to see pics of yours whether you made them or bought them, I'll post pics of mine in a couple days, waiting on door hinges

ToxicTJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 Old 05-24-2013, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville
Posts: 211
Anybody? No? Ok... lol I had some free time today so I bent some 1 3/8" tubing and came up with this, latches and hinges should be here before the 29th then I'll be able to cut and weld the specific lengths

image-2082813585.jpg
ToxicTJ is offline  
post #3 of 37 Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Double8racer
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 33
what are you bending that with and how thick is the tube side wall? I have been throwing the idea around myself
Double8racer is offline  
post #4 of 37 Old 05-24-2013, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double8racer
what are you bending that with and how thick is the tube side wall? I have been throwing the idea around myself
Got a pipe bender at work and I'm not sure exactly how thick the wall is but I can get a pic when I go back Tuesday, it's not super thick but it's thick enough, I'd guess 2-3 mm
ToxicTJ is offline  
post #5 of 37 Old 06-12-2013, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville
Posts: 211
I can't believe nobody wants to post pics of their tube doors lol update on mine, I got my hinges and tacked them on, tacked upper and lower bars to each other, still waiting on latches, they sent the wrong ones so I called and returned them like 2 weeks ago and they still haven't sent the correct ones, everytime I call they act like I have no idea what's going on even though I talk to the same D-bag, anyway here's a pic lol

image-2436220262.jpg

The lower bar that curves up next to the body will be cut level with the body when I do the cross bar
ToxicTJ is offline  
post #6 of 37 Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 PM
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTJ
I can't believe nobody wants to post pics of their tube doors lol update on mine, I got my hinges and tacked them on, tacked upper and lower bars to each other, still waiting on latches, they sent the wrong ones so I called and returned them like 2 weeks ago and they still haven't sent the correct ones, everytime I call they act like I have no idea what's going on even though I talk to the same D-bag, anyway here's a pic lol

The lower bar that curves up next to the body will be cut level with the body when I do the cross bar
That's pretty cool how long it take to make that.?

It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline  
post #7 of 37 Old 06-12-2013, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee

That's pretty cool how long it take to make that.?
I've got probably 20 min in bending them, 30 min in aligning and tacking the hinges and another 20 cutting and tacking the bars to each other, it's not finished by any means but it's a lot cheaper than buyin a set lol
ToxicTJ is offline  
post #8 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 AM
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTJ

I've got probably 20 min in bending them, 30 min in aligning and tacking the hinges and another 20 cutting and tacking the bars to each other, it's not finished by any means but it's a lot cheaper than buyin a set lol
Dam wish I knew how to use a welder. Cuz buying them is like $400...screw that I'd rather fall out lol

It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline  
post #9 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville
Posts: 211
Exactly which is why I opted to fab my own lol I got $35 in tubing, $25 in latches, $45 in hinges and whatever spare time I have to work on them, I can't make up my mind if I wanna do the traditional black or color match them though
ToxicTJ is offline  
post #10 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 08:24 AM
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTJ
Exactly which is why I opted to fab my own lol I got $35 in tubing, $25 in latches, $45 in hinges and whatever spare time I have to work on them, I can't make up my mind if I wanna do the traditional black or color match them though
Idk I kinda think the black would look cool IMO...u should have someone photoshop both colors, and see which one looks better.

It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline  
post #11 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee

Idk I kinda think the black would look cool IMO...u should have someone photoshop both colors, and see which one looks better.
I'll do that, firemedic has photoshopped a few things for me already, he's probably sick of me haha
ToxicTJ is offline  
post #12 of 37 Old 06-13-2013, 05:03 PM
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTJ

I'll do that, firemedic has photoshopped a few things for me already, he's probably sick of me haha
Haha yea he did a bunch for me too lol

It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline  
post #13 of 37 Old 06-14-2013, 02:47 PM
mrkmzzz
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 12
A buddy made these tube doors for me.
mrkmzzz is offline  
post #14 of 37 Old 06-14-2013, 02:53 PM
mrkmzzz
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 12
Tube doors

A buddy made these
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0796.jpg  
mrkmzzz is offline  
post #15 of 37 Old 06-14-2013, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
ToxicTJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Martinsville
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkmzzz
A buddy made these
I like the bracing in the middle I might add another to mine
ToxicTJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome