Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

transmition problems.

539 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  craig1972 
#1 ·
I have an 04 X type with a 6 cylinder . Just recently it started acting strange in first and second. It wouldn't do it when cold or at higher speeds in 3rd and up. Once it warmes up it shakes and acts like its not engaging the gear I've shifted it into. There is no grinding and I can shift in and out of every gear with no problem. I brought it to a dealer ( I hate dealers but no one else had time to look at it.) He thinks its the syncros in the transfer case.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms ?

#2 ·
Wrong section, but I don't see why the t-case syncronizers would have anything to do with what you described. To me it sounds like the syncronizers in your transmission are going bad. You can get a new transmission (not cheap), replace the syncronizers (not cheap unless you know how to rebuild transmissions), or get a used transmission.

And since you posted this in the picture request section, here's a picture of transmission problems:

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm new to this site. Sorry for posting in the wrong section. The dealer( devil) looked at it a second time and now thinks it was caused by a leak in the oil pan blowing back on the clutch . They recommend replacing the clutch. I hope that's the case because I bought the oil pan and clutch kit and am going to have a small garage do the work.

And that is a sick Jeep by the way. It has some crazy flex in the suspension. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.