TrailReady Beadlocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > TrailReady Beadlocks

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
xj BMX xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

TrailReady Beadlocks

I am about to purchase a set of 17x8.5 TR Beadlocks and would like to see what the inside of the clamp ring is like, also the rims clamping serface.

also guys with the world series ring, what's different about them?

Unread 08-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have any pics, but I have a set of the HD series TRs with the slim ring. I can tell you that the mating surface for the wheel is smooth, and the clamping surface of the ring is machines to have light ridges in it. Try are perhaps a few hundred thousandths high. Not enough to mar the surface of your tire or anything, just enough to give a little extra bite... Not that it matters. I say it doesn't matter because on tires with a thicker mounting lip like my pitbull rocker radials, I had to use some plastic spacers that TR provided because the ring was being forced into a concave shape upon tightening, causing premature bolt heads to break. It's no problem now.

The world series ring is just a taller ring that will keep rocks away from your hubs if you have them. Since I don't, and you can swap rings as you wish, I opted for the slim ring since I like the look better. Hope that helps.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
xj BMX xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
, and the clamping surface of the ring is machines to have light ridges in it. Try are perhaps a few hundred thousandths high.

The world series ring is just a taller ring that will keep rocks away from your hubs if you have them. Since I don't, and you can swap rings as you wish, I opted for the slim ring since I like the look better. Hope that helps.
That's exactly what I wanted to hear, I was set on a set of spyder locks because of that but I found they only come in 3.5" bs wich will be waayy to much since I am goin full width.

As for the WS ring I wonder what they did to make it llighter and "balanced " and if that would be better than the rock rings I was thinking about since it will be still driven on the street.
Unread 08-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I had a bit of a time balancing my TR's. I would think the WS ring would be worse.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.