TJ's with flat fenders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > TJ's with flat fenders

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 09-10-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

TJ's with flat fenders

I need to get an idea of how the flatties look on a darker jeep, preferably green, but any pics would be appreciated. If you have the PSC ones with the 3" flares all the way down, please post them, as those are what I'm interested in. If they are other than PSC, please lemme know what kind they are.

I have seen the DIY versions, but I need/want something a bit more stout.

Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
gmbtj

hey paul, why are you wanting flat fenders all of a sudden.

sorry that was mean, I still have yet to get some flat fenders for mine. I think that with are smaller sized tires, that the flatties would look better on our jeeps with out the extended flare. Here is John Farmer's YJ on 33's:

click it to enlarge.
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #1
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club Member #1 (President)
1999 Four Banga Wrangla - NO MORE!!!! -Going in 4.6L Stroker - TF 727 - Dana 300 HD
Teraflex 3T w/ OME's on 32" BFG M/T's
AtoZ Yaffy Style rocker guards l Tuffy Series II Security Console l Zirgo "S-Blade" electric fan l PSC Trail corners w/ LED's l Hella 500's l Expensive Sound System
gmbtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2005, 03:10 PM   #3
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here are some pics fromt he PSC site...

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbtj
hey paul, why are you wanting flat fenders all of a sudden.

sorry that was mean, I still have yet to get some flat fenders for mine. I think that with are smaller sized tires, that the flatties would look better on our jeeps with out the extended flare. Here is John Farmer's YJ on 33's:

click it to enlarge.
Smarta$$...

Check the other site for GMB with flatties (homebrew)...
Green Jeep Member #155

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
Unread 09-13-2005, 04:04 PM   #5
Dave Taylor

home-made flat fenders - Front

home-made flat fenders - Side

Trail 39 at Windrock/Coal Creek#1

Trail 39 at Windrock/Coal Creek #2

[b]Nashville, TN (Franklin)[/b]
Lon. 86'54.285' W
Lat. 35'58.310' N
Alt. 610'
Dave Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2005, 08:27 PM   #6
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So, Dave, what is to keep them from getting all bent up if you whack something? Do you have any plans to reinforce with tubing or such?
Green Jeep Member #155

Unread 09-14-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
Dave Taylor

The original brace is still in place; I am working on a tubed reinforcement peice for the underside...so presently, they are just stock strength.

I've been more careful with the corners than usually because of it though; and have had good luck this summer at Tellico, Windrock, and TurkeyBay...no problems so far.

Hopefully soon, I will have a full tube undergirding on them....will post pics of how that goes.

[b]Nashville, TN (Franklin)[/b]
Lon. 86'54.285' W
Lat. 35'58.310' N
Alt. 610'
Dave Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.