TJs with the Bestop Supertop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > TJs with the Bestop Supertop

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-23-2006, 08:06 AM   #1
Jon_H
1997 TJ Wrangler 

TJs with the Bestop Supertop

I'm looking at getting a soft top for my Jeep and I was wondering how the Bestop Supertop looked as opposed to others.

I'll take any pics of them I can get, but if you have a spice top on a green Jeep, that would be awesome!

Thanks

'97 TJ Sahara | 31" BFG A/Ts | Dynomax exhaust system
Stock Jeep Club Member #36

Silence is golden, but tape is silver.
Jon_H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Up...

Down...

EDIT: Here's a few more

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2440954/2

I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
sctigerjeep

hard doors:

soft doors:
'98 Sahara, RE SF 4.5" lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT's, PSC front bumper w/ Warn M8000, TKH Fab Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, AtoZ Fab rockers, Aussie Locked D30, Ford 8.8 Rear w/ Trac Lok, 4.10's, TBT Sport Cage, Currie HD Steering, Eaton Beadlocks, CO2 OBA, Etc.

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/id/sctigerjeep]Click for PICS!![/URL]
sctigerjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
Jon_H
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys, those look great.

sctigerjeep, in the first pic, do you have the soft top bracer thing (I forgot what it's really called, but it's a bar that keeps your top from sagging too much) in your Jeep?

'97 TJ Sahara | 31" BFG A/Ts | Dynomax exhaust system
Stock Jeep Club Member #36

Silence is golden, but tape is silver.
Jon_H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2006, 02:45 PM   #5
sctigerjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymogeek
Thanks guys, those look great.

sctigerjeep, in the first pic, do you have the soft top bracer thing (I forgot what it's really called, but it's a bar that keeps your top from sagging too much) in your Jeep?
no, that is just how the supertop is designed. you can even adjust that bar tighter over time as the top stretches out. there are 4 holes, and after 2 years, mine is still on the first one. i have had it on the 2nd hole one time, when it was like 100 degrees for over a week and the fabric stretched out on me.
'98 Sahara, RE SF 4.5" lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT's, PSC front bumper w/ Warn M8000, TKH Fab Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, AtoZ Fab rockers, Aussie Locked D30, Ford 8.8 Rear w/ Trac Lok, 4.10's, TBT Sport Cage, Currie HD Steering, Eaton Beadlocks, CO2 OBA, Etc.

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/id/sctigerjeep]Click for PICS!![/URL]
sctigerjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2006, 07:14 PM   #6
volleygirlamy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I've heard a lot of people don't like the supertop, that it doesn't last and the hardware is cheaper.. someone with one might correct me, but i looked at getting a new top and was steered away from these.
volleygirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
LilSteve97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I love mine. you can adjust it when it starts to sag which i like. I say opt to get the full soft doors with it i think its worth the extra money, but note that the uppers wont fit in your old half doors if you have those.
LilSteve97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.