TJs with 4" lift, 1"BL and 35s - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > TJs with 4" lift, 1"BL and 35s

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJunkie44 View Post
Thanks, i was just looking at that, can't really find the exact lift/tire combo i was looking for. but it does give me an idea. Im really stuck right now. Im keeping the BL for sure, because of the tummy tuck, but not sure on 3" or 4" coils
JMO, but with Metalcloak fenders, I think 3" springs are plenty enough to run 35's with a 1.25" body lift.

For reference, I am running 3" springs, 1.25" BL, and 35's. I had to adjust my bumpstops just a little bit to keep the tires out of the fenders. If I had Metalcloaks, there would be more than enough room.

Someday, I hope to get their aluminum fronts and rears.

TJDaveX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
JeepJunkie44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
JMO, but with Metalcloak fenders, I think 3" springs are plenty enough to run 35's with a 1.25" body lift.

For reference, I am running 3" springs, 1.25" BL, and 35's. I had to adjust my bumpstops just a little bit to keep the tires out of the fenders. If I had Metalcloaks, there would be more than enough room.

Someday, I hope to get their aluminum fronts and rears.

Thanks guy's! i really appreciate all the feedback. Im facing some tuff decisions. Im starting to believe that 4" of lift will be too much especially Currie, since it may sit a little higher.
Ive been taking a big long look at Metalcloaks springs, i like the way they sit, and apparently have a good ride on and off road. I saw a guy running their 3.5" coils on his TJ with 35s and it sat pretty nice. I guess ill wait for more feedback on those coils. Im not really looking for a LCOG, bc a lot of the trails i ride is about ground clearance. But then again i dont want it sitting too tall.
I know 3.5" is just a half inch off from 4" of lift an may not make a difference, but ive heard that Currie sits more at 4.5"
JeepJunkie44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #18
yelset

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
...Im looking to run 35 MTRs, a 4" HD Currie lift, and a 1"BL...
This is what I run, minus the Metalcloaks.
20130421_141739.jpg  
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #19
nickagr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Currie 4" with the Savvy 1.25 " BL for the under armor

CHECK OUT AND LIKE OUR GROUPS PAGE AT
http://www.facebook.com/Twisted.Axles
nickagr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 06:24 AM   #20
JeepJunkie44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickagr View Post
Currie 4" with the Savvy 1.25 " BL for the under armor

Very nice looking jeep!
JeepJunkie44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
JeepJunkie44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bump!
Think i may be going with MC 3.5" coils and keeping the 1.25" BL. I plan on outboarding my rear shocks and relocating the rear coil buckets.

Bump for more Jeeps on 35s with 3-5" of lift. And Jeeps with outboarded rear shocks.
Unread 05-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
Unlimitedlou
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good looking Jeeps!
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #23
Calven727
1998 TJ Wrangler 

4" short arm and 1.25 body lift and 35s

Unread 05-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #24
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Bump!
Think i may be going with MC 3.5" coils and keeping the 1.25" BL. I plan on outboarding my rear shocks and relocating the rear coil buckets.

Bump for more Jeeps on 35s with 3-5" of lift. And Jeeps with outboarded rear shocks.
The pic of my Jeep I posted above has the items you asked for. Outboarded rear shocks and relocated stock upper coil perches, neither of which affected ride height.

Unread 05-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #25
Calven727
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The pic of my Jeep I posted above has the items you asked for. Outboarded rear shocks and relocated stock upper coil perches, neither of which affected ride height.

Did it effect your ride quality?
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #26
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calven727 View Post
Did it effect your ride quality?
When I outboarded, I changed a whole bunch of other stuff while I was at it. Axle swap, re-gear, springs, shocks, SYE, etc,. It's hard to say what the exact affect the outboarding did, but it does ride very nice. It does not bottom out like it used to on whooped out trails. Also handles speedbumps and driveway entrances better at the mall without the side to side rocking.
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #27
Calven727
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
When I outboarded, I changed a whole bunch of other stuff while I was at it. Axle swap, re-gear, springs, shocks, SYE, etc,. It's hard to say what the exact affect the outboarding did, but it does ride very nice. It does not bottom out like it used to on whooped out trails. Also handles speedbumps and driveway entrances better at the mall without the side to side rocking.
Awesome thanks.
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #28
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

5" of lift seems to be a lot of lift for 35s. Espicially with MC fenders.

I used to run 3.5" SL and 1.25" BL and always felt us easy where I wheel (lots of hills) from the suspension unloading.

Here is mine 3.5" + 1.25" on 35s and stock fenders bumpstopped correctly. Never close to the stock fenders.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #29
JeepJunkie44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice! always been a fan of your Jeep. While im doing suspension im going to be swapping in my 8.8 and putting on 35s. So i figured i might as well spend the extra money and outboard my shocks while im at it. Mainly so i can have the rear coils sit at a good angle, but also to run longer shocks.
Unread 05-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #30
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice! always been a fan of your Jeep. While im doing suspension im going to be swapping in my 8.8 and putting on 35s. So i figured i might as well spend the extra money and outboard my shocks while im at it. Mainly so i can have the rear coils sit at a good angle, but also to run longer shocks.
Well thank-you, but I am certainly no expert. I did a ton of reading of threads and builds on here, and decided to go for it.

Having everything out of the way, like you will soon, makes everything easy to get to. I have a couple minor things I will probably change the next time I tear into it. Just need time and money.

Good luck with your project. Measure a ton, cut once.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.