Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

TJ Stock Bumper Mods

101K views 73 replies 55 participants last post by  cvTJ 
#1 ·
What have you done with your Stock TJ bumpers Front and Rear either through add-ons, Cuts, Lights etc...? Looking for Ideas.

#3 ·
i had my winch plate plus my grill guard from olympic 4x4, stock fog lights and hella lights all mounted on my stock bumper, i had to do some cutting and welding, but 5 hours later it looked pretty good.

#4 ·
Before and after I added the winch:

#8 ·
Yea ive been trying to find a nice day to do it for the last 2 weeks. just havent gotten around to it. might do it this weekend. ill post pics if i do. i love the way it looks.. thinking about even covering the grill black (i got a scratched up chrome grill cover from a buddy):cheers2:

#9 ·

yes you can see some stutter cuts in the second pic, I plan on having it bump into rocks anyway, it's not a big deal.

30 minutes with a sawzall, grinding wheel, and some spray paint. I think the front bumpers look good chopped, no need for an aftermarket bumper. Save weight and just get a brush guard/winch (if need be, that's my plan)

Question: Can you take those rubber bumper guard things off? I'd like to have a bumper that's flat across the front.

#14 ·
Question: Can you take those rubber bumper guard things off? I'd like to have a bumper that's flat across the front.
Remove the entire bumper. Two 55 Torx bits on top on each side, one 55 Torx bit on the bottom of each side.

Then you'll see four small bolts on the inside of the bumper, two on each side. Remove, and then replace the front bumper back.

#10 ·
I picked up those molded rubber end caps for mine.

I had them on the front bumper but I ditched it to fab up my own.

#15 ·
Any rear bumper mods to show off?

#18 ·
Rubber Rock Caps

The rubber rock caps someone asked about are available from Quadratec for about $100 front and rear. I just took mine off today to install a new bumper. I'm letting a friend of mine have them for $50.
BB

;)

#22 ·
Those are the stock bumper caps from 06' TJ's. I got them for free from a guy that put tube bumpers on his 06 X model. You can save yourself a couple bucks if you can find a set at the junk yard or know someone who is putting an after market bumper on their 06.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.