TJ backseat cup holders. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > TJ backseat cup holders.

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 06-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
jasonswelding
1999 TJ Wrangler 

TJ backseat cup holders.

I've got two kids. Some cup holders for the backseat would be nice.

jasonswelding is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
95ZeeJay
2005 LJ Wrangler 

my TJ has rear cupholders built into the stock console.
I bought a pair of these for my ZJ but I don't have any pics. They work great though:
http://www.allthingsjeep.com/drink-c...wranglers.html
52 Willys CJ3a: stock-ish (his)**95 ZJ Laredo 4.0: removable doors, longarm, 8.8 rear, leaks, squeaks, dents, dings, etc (ours)**03 TJ Rubicon: longarm, body lift, 33" Duratracs- SOLD**05 LJ Rubicon: stock (MINE!)
95ZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
jasonswelding
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My '99 doesn't have anything on the back of the console. I like the roll bar mounted ones. I've been trying to think of some way to use the ones from the parts store and couldn't come up with anything that wasn't too ghetto.
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonswelding View Post
My '99 doesn't have anything on the back of the console. I like the roll bar mounted ones. I've been trying to think of some way to use the ones from the parts store and couldn't come up with anything that wasn't too ghetto.
I believe it's only the 01 up. You can get a tuffy console, and get the rear cupholders
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
theCREECH
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonswelding View Post
I've got two kids. Some cup holders for the backseat would be nice.
I'm the same way, I've got kids. I was thinking about making something for them but haven't found the right cup holder yet. There's a place in the back along the side windows that I thought would be perfect. Each hard top connects in 3 places on each side. What if you took one of those plastic cup holders meant to go on the side of a door and modified it. I was thinking you could easily screw a hole in one and then attach it where the middle screw goes where the hard top attaches.
theCREECH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
jasonswelding
1999 TJ Wrangler 

^^Thats exactly what I was thinking. Just can't find one to easily adapt to that spot. I do like the roll bar mount.
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

I need something for the kids too, the rollbar ones will be too far out of reach.
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
dlysle
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i had ones like this in my old blazer, they're nice on the trail 'cause the drink stays level...
http://barbuoy.com/

'four wheel drive only allows you to get stuck in more inaccessible places' - George Noll
dlysle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95ZeeJay View Post
my TJ has rear cupholders built into the stock console.
I bought a pair of these for my ZJ but I don't have any pics. They work great though:
http://www.allthingsjeep.com/drink-c...wranglers.html
Awesome site! Thanks for posting

Here is a pic of my Tuffy cup holder. It was removed from the console cause it was too long with it on. I used velcro on the bottom so it could be removed or turned 90 degrees. In the end, I also put some more velcro closer to the front seat, still on the fender so I could use a cup holder fan when it got hot. Works good.

You can barely see the holder in the bottom right, sorry it is the only glimpse pic I have right now.

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This is what I did
image-3228751895.jpg

Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.